Occasional Contributor
Just returned my Floral Lace mixing bowls. They were beautiful bowls, but I already have beautiful mixing bowls. I wanted these because of the lids. I should have known better. Just can't understand why Tara can't make lids that fit. It would be better not to offer them at all. I actually returned my last order also because of the lid. I would be willing to order lids as a separate purchase if she would just make some that FIT and have a little quality to them. Since this has always been an issue, maybe she could get some help from someone in the industry that knows how to make lids. I have many pieces of Temptations, some I have had for years, most are still in good shape, but I have had to throw out a couple because of crazing issues. The quality has always been hit or miss with this line but when you get lucky and get that really good set, It can be stunning. I don't order as much as I used to, but next time I really want something, I will make sure I don't need the lid.
Respected Contributor

Hi peppermint patty,

So sorry to read about the Temptations lids and the crazing.

Best to send them back for a full refund now while you still can.

I can also personally relate, sympathize and agree with your comment. "I should have known better".

I too experienced problems with many of my vast Collections of Temptations sets with lids, crazing and defective TT products which broke apart in my hands while being removed from a hot oven with hot food in the TT large casserole bakeware pan.

BTW the TT lids have been accompanying Temptations products for many years.

One would think they would ensure they are properly manufactured to fit well by now, and that crazing and breakage does not continually occur, due to continued non acknowledged or resolved TT manufacturing defects.

I agree the quality has always been hit or miss...and in many cases more miss than hits, as in this instance, as well as others.

A little less importance placed on corporate profits and more placed in the above categories would be very welcoming, but I do not believe any of this will ever be acknowledged by anyone nor properly addressed and resolved.