Respected Contributor

Are all of Temptations items made in China?

Does anyone know if any are made here? I love the floral lace design but I am not sure of the standards in China as opposed to ours and does QVC make the manufacturers adhere to our standards as far as paint etc. I would like to know how strict they are with the manufacture of these items.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Are all of Temptations items made in China?

That's why many of us avoid them. It's cheap to manufacture those over there, more profit for all involved in selling them. If a product isn't made in America, I want to purchase from a company that has been around for years, with a good reputation, that follows up on how their items are made. I don't get that feeling with the product you mentioned.

Respected Contributor

Yes they are mass produced in China and are defective, cheaply made, and have proved to be quite dangerous as many QVC members reported on the Temptations Forum, as well as across the internet.

Respected Contributor

It's definitely a love hate situation. A lot of people have had nothing but trouble with theirs. I've never had any trouble, and I use mine all the time.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

Yes and ironically, china is made in America

Honored Contributor

On 3/18/2015 debc said:

It's definitely a love hate situation. A lot of people have had nothing but trouble with theirs. I've never had any trouble, and I use mine all the time.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

....and i have older pieces and newer pieces.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Of course they are and it's your decision on what you want to buy but I would read all the bad experiences posters here, including myself, have had with them cracking in half when baking something, thus ruining dinner and then the task of cleaning the oven. If you do purchase them, I hope you have much better luck than many of us have had.
Honored Contributor

I have read that workers In China are forming unions and demanding better pay and benefits...

So who knows??? - TT might move to Vietnam or Afghanistan - where wages are even lower!!!!

BTW - Lidia's bakers were also made in China - but they are EXCELLENT quality (still available here "as is")...so not everything from China is cheap & defective.

TT definitely is, though.

Honored Contributor

It will take years for China to straighten out their quality problems. One has only to follow the path of Japanese car manufacturers. In the 70's their cars were the worst on the planet. Now they are among the best. In the meantime, buy a product like Fiesta that is made in the U.S. If you are looking for bargains in cookware , check your local antique malls for vintage kitchenware like Pyrex.

Valued Contributor

On 3/18/2015 sunshine45 said:
On 3/18/2015 debc said:

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

....and i have older pieces and newer pieces.

Ditto! Yes, there are always problems with a product that has sold millions of sets...but to the majority of us...never a problem and we continue to buy new items as thousands continue to!