Not applicable
I'm having a terrible time with stress cracks. Love the product, but it's frustrating. Any solutions?
Contributor

I have always thought it was made in China so have never been interested. Anyone know if that is true?

Respected Contributor

Even when use and care instructions are followed to the letter many consumers have experienced TT stress cracks galore.....Temptations products also crack in 1/2 unexpectedly loaded with hot food from the oven.

It is cheap mass produced imported junk, which is why so many other Temptations members here and across the internet have experienced dangerous and negative experiences while using it.

Total waste of time, effort, ruined food items and $.

Best to buy made in the U.S.A. items of the following brands, and heed the care and usage instructions.

Pyrex

Corning ware

Fiesta ware

Esteemed Contributor

As far as I know and from most of what has been posted previously, it is made in China. Also, according to the Temptations website, crazing, which may be what you're referring to, is a natural thing that can happen with stoneware. But not all stoneware is the same, and the better quality does not have this happen. Crazing tends to happen mostly when stoneware pieces have not been fired properly in the manufacturing process. There is a lot of information about it if you google it.

I have had issues with this in my own pieces, and I will NOT put them in the oven with these tiny hairline cracks. Therefore, I no longer buy it.

This is what is on the website. You will notice that this is never mentioned in any presentations about the product on QVC:

What is crazing? Is it covered under the warranty?

For those who aren’t familiar with the term, crazing is what happens to stoneware when the ceramic material and glaze expand and contract at different rates. When this happens, hair-line cracks can develop, commonly known as crazing.

Many things can affect crazing: the age of the product, the number of times it’s been exposed to heating and cooling cycles, water being absorbed in places where there’s no glaze (for example, on the bottom, where it sits in the kiln), and others.

Crazing should not affect the performance of your temp-tations® product. However, if it happens after your 30-day return period has ended, we will send you a new piece for free under the terms of the warranty, and you pay only the S&H fee.

Honored Contributor

Temp-tations are described online as "imported," which probably means "made in China." I'd never buy food products from China, and try to avoid using kitchen products made in China. It's because of their lower quality and food safety standards, if indeed they have standards at all.

New Contributor
I never have had a issue with stress cracks except with my coffee cups which are used frequently. Everything else is fine although I hand wash my pieces. When temptations first came out there were never no problems with paint or cracks. I have always wondered if Tara has switched manufactures.
Not applicable

Hi

I am disappointed too. I initially purchased only bowls from the Floral Lace collection but never baked in them. As the bowls were pretty, I bought the large 24piece bakeware set. After a couple of uses, all the large square and rectangular items are cracked from baking. But my old "boring more expensive whiteware which QVC keeps comparing on air - is still going strong despite many years of baking and use ! I guess after paying repeated S&H to Temptations for replacements, the cost of Temptations will not be far from my boring whiteware. It can be very dangerous if a dish loaded with hot food cracks and someone gets hurt - Tara could be facing a lot of issues. Tara should spend more time with getting the quality control right. I am prepared to pay more for a better quality more resilient product.

Trusted Contributor

I would never buy Temptations. There are better, safer alternatives.