Not applicable

I have an older set that doesn't sell anymore and the lid it cracked in half and the dish has a crack but not completely through. Are these warranted? If so, what do I need to do? Thank you! Dana

Honored Contributor

Thank you for ANOTHER TT thread of defective items.

Tara, are you listening?????

I just pulled a sheet cake out of the oven and I'm putting in a meatloaf...both in my Lydia cookware from years ago...I use these pieces every week with great results.

QVC, are you listening? Please bring back Lydia!

Honored Contributor

Honestly - I don't think they're listening because I don't think they care. I believe that they fancy that their targeted market is of the 'price above quality' notion and they will sell as much inferior quality products as they can before that bubble bursts.

It's all about volume and if they speak most successfully to consumers who put price above quality, then they will go with that plan until it wanes. It's a shame, as they lost a lot of us who put quality above price but it seems that we are the minority now.

Anyway, Dana, from what I understand here you can get replacement pieces but you have to pay $10 per piece from the manufacturer to get a replacement piece. Otherwise, the only warranty is the '30 day return' policy that QVC has.

Honored Contributor

the new warranty is now 3 years on temptations website, but you do have to pay for shipping the item to you. otherwise, if an item is defective then you can get a new piece free of charge within the 30 day period.

chickenbutt, i like a good price AND good quality and in the years i have been buying temptations i have received both. i have never needed to return any piece nor have i needed to use the warranty. i dont find the products inferior at all.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Defective TT is nothing new.....All the issues we are aware of will continue to post endlessly with each new TT product defect reported by new TT consumers.

It will continue to be a mass produced cheap import with a high profitability margin, with to date still no manufacturer's integrity or respect for acknowledgement of numerous reported dangerous defects and accidents which have occurred with TT consumer usage.

It seems the only concern from the manufacturer/owner has and will continue to only be for the high profitability derived from manufacturing this cheap dangerous defectively produced TT imported product line.

Bottom line is consumer safety is not even on their priority list, as they continue to remain mute, so evidently in view of all of the above, the Temptations line has become a mass produced cheap import better referred to as a "Use at your own risk product".

My dangerous experience was my large Temptations casserole bake ware cracked in 1/2 in my hands when I was removing it from the oven.

Good that I am quick on my feet and dropped it and jumped back. It crashed on the kitchen floor exploding into many dangeorus pieces, including many of the tiniest sharp ceramic shards imaginable. The cooked hot food splashed everywhere on my kitchen walls, floor, and surrounding kitchen area.

It could have really burned or cut me, and cleaning that mess up also entailed having the large kitchen appliances on custom legs moved to clean underneath.

Now I learned my lesson no more not so pretty cheap imports of any type of ceramic bakeware which is mass produced.

I am now using all of my made in the U.S.A. bakeware items like my Corningware, Pyrex, and Fiesta-ware.

I also have and use my two Belleek Irish Porcelain imported covered casseroles from QVC, and they work fabulously for hot and cold items.

I also now have many ovenproof non lead and paint safe items manufactured in Greece, and not only are they gorgeous to look at, but they are very well manufactured using current safe manufacturing guidelines. They were a but expensive but so worth the cost.

There are so many safer bake ware/server ware alternatives to use, other than taking risks to your well being and the well being of your family and guests by using the defectively manufactured and not consumer friendly Temptations mass produced cheap imports.

I hope others who also experienced their Temptations Products negative dangerous defects accidents, and posted them to alert us, as I also did, have found other safer bake ware/server ware alternatives to safely utilize as I have.

Respected Contributor

From my experience, the stuff is dangerous. Just thank goodness you weren't hurt when it broke.

Respected Contributor
On 3/3/2015 chickenbutt said:

Honestly - I don't think they're listening because I don't think they care. I believe that they fancy that their targeted market is of the 'price above quality' notion and they will sell as much inferior quality products as they can before that bubble bursts.

It's all about volume and if they speak most successfully to consumers who put price above quality, then they will go with that plan until it wanes. It's a shame, as they lost a lot of us who put quality above price but it seems that we are the minority now.

Anyway, Dana, from what I understand here you can get replacement pieces but you have to pay $10 per piece from the manufacturer to get a replacement piece. Otherwise, the only warranty is the '30 day return' policy that QVC has.

ITA chickenbutt, and I also put consumer safety as a top priority which evidently Temptations does not. They do not even seem to care that it is not consumer dependable or consumer safe to use.

Their main objective is obvious which is to mass produce cheap TT Products overseas, and import it into the USA, and sell it at a very affordable lower price in order to highly profit, with no consumer safety whatsoever in mind.

That is what is really sad.

There is no integrity or honesty left in spite of all the televised promises made to the general public by the Temptations televised segments.

They continue to profit since this Temptations product line continues to remain mute, even though they have been made aware of all the dangerous accidents many QVC members already experienced, which could have really hurt/cut/burned and their time and effort to thoroughly clean their Temptations defect product kitchen oven disasters which could have also maimed them, their families, and guests.

Yet all they still care about is their high profits!!!

Perhaps Lydia chose not to return for her own reasons, but I know she too brought high quality items.

Many of the good dependable and consumer safe to use bakeware and serverware products we loved are now gone from QVC, and the TT cheap imported junk remains to be shown time and again, and again, and again.

Occasional Contributor

I'm just surprised she has not had a lawsuit yet, someone is seriously going to get injured eventually and she will. I will not listen to their sales pitch any longer, they have lost me as a customer. It amazes me how Q and Tara just ignore all of these instances. Good luck everybody.

Honored Contributor
On 3/5/2015 jeanaa said:

I'm just surprised she has not had a lawsuit yet, someone is seriously going to get injured eventually and she will. I will not listen to their sales pitch any longer, they have lost me as a customer. It amazes me how Q and Tara just ignore all of these instances. Good luck everybody.

This surprises me, too, jeanaa. After all the reports of problems I've seen on the internet (not just here in the Q's forums), even if they don't wish to file a lawsuit it seems to me it's time for customers to start filing reports with consumer protection groups. From that starting point, perhaps a class action suit might be appropriate and more beneficial.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

I have a few seasonal (holiday) pieces, but do not cook in them - just use them for serving in the winter months. I also have some red polka dots that were a gift, but again I don't cook in them at all.

I have Corning Ware and Pyrex, both of which I use for cooking. I've never had even the slightest problem with either one. They cook and clean up beautifully. Recently I picked up a large set of Corning Ware for a Granddaughter for only $19.95.