Occasional Contributor

Nested Cake Pan Sets pulled off/defective?

Went looking for info on my new cake pan set and noticed OW and FL have been pulled. I have been reading for so long about breakage and cracking and have never had a problem until now. My new 10" cracked in oven yesterday, so now I join the club.

When I called Temp.com they just said pay $9.98 for shipping and handling and they will send replacement. No,"I'm so sorry" or any apology or anything, BAD BUSINESS!

Who knows if I will ever see replacement, I'm afraid to use the other sizes in the oven now. What good is oven stoneware if you are afraid to use it.

I do not call replacement FREE, since the set sold for $34.62 and 5.00 SH, and now they want another 9.98 for SH? They are knowingly selling defective pieces and not replacing them as a courtesy and making money on top of that. WOW!

Honored Contributor

Re: Nested Cake Pan Sets pulled off/defective?

when and where did you buy them from......qvc or temptations?

if you have a defective set then return them to qvc for a full refund within 30 days.

if you bought them directly from temptations then you have the same time frame of 30 days to return them with no cost to you if they are defective.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

In general: Be careful, folks. With various glass and other items, especially if you have an upper oven. I'd probably wear eye goggles if I had to use an upper oven. Just to be safe.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Jeanna - was that the set of 4 nested/fluted cake pans (K41443)?

Almost ordered those, now I'm glad I didn't. I see several reports of items being chipped on receipt. Doesn't seem right that the customer pay return shipping for defective items. Sorry you had these issues.

Denise
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your concern-I purchased Springfetti set of nested cake pans from Q #K41439 just three weeks ago. The 10" pan that cracked is the only one I have used so far. The rep at Q sent me to Temp.com, Tara's site to call for replacement. They are supposed to send me replacement 10" if I pay $9.98 for S&H. I only paid $5.00 for the 4 piece set in the first place. I can't send the whole set back to Q because they have taken it off, you can not find it, why they did is questionable. I wondering if they had too many complaints about the sets. Oh well, you get what you pay for.

Interesting, I just checked this morning 3/3/15 and all of a sudden the FL set is back up for purchase. I searched everywhere yesterday and could not find the set.

Honored Contributor

On 3/3/2015 jeanaa said:

Thanks for your concern-I purchased Springfetti set of nested cake pans from Q #K41439 just three weeks ago. The 10" pan that cracked is the only one I have used so far. The rep at Q sent me to Temp.com, Tara's site to call for replacement. They are supposed to send me replacement 10" if I pay $9.98 for S&H. I only paid $5.00 for the 4 piece set in the first place. I can't send the whole set back to Q because they have taken it off, you can not find it, why they did is questionable. I wondering if they had too many complaints about the sets. Oh well, you get what you pay for.

Unless you're determined to get a replacement, you could return it to QVC free of charge since it's defective.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Contributor

Wow....so sorry to hear that your new pan cracked and also that you are not getting satisfaction in returning it.

I had placed my order for them in the early email that came out telling us about them. I went back however and canceled it before it shipped, since I already have so many Temptations and just couldn't justify the purchase. Now I am so thrilled that I did cancel it. So far, knock on wood, I have not had any cracks, but I worry about it every single time I put one in the oven. I always put a cookie sheet under it just in case. I think I am done buying any new Temptation items, unless they are gadgets and not for cooking. : )

I have to admit that I am very disappointed in Tara, she comes across so caring and worried about what consumers think. But, this shows that maybe that is not the case. She might not be personally handling the calls, but she is the bottom line when it comes to customer satisfaction and it seems like so many people are being let down by her company.

Trusted Contributor

Send it back to QVC for a full refund. I do not know why you even want a replacement anyway if you feel it is such poor quality.

Besides, ceramic is a poor choice for baking cakes. It takes too long to heat up, allowing too much of the gases produced by the leavening to escape before the structure sets, and because it takes so long to cool completely, any cake baked until done in the oven will end up overcooking due t the carryover cooking. There is a reason professional bakers do not use ceramic pans to produce cakes in bakeries.

Honored Contributor

On 3/3/2015 jeanaa said:

Interesting, I just checked this morning 3/3/15 and all of a sudden the FL set is back up for purchase. I searched everywhere yesterday and could not find the set.

not sure why you would contact temptations.....you can return it to qvc for a full refund and order another set if you really want them......or not if you dont want to take a chance.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

On 3/3/2015 sunshine45 said:
On 3/3/2015 jeanaa said:

not sure why you would contact temptations.....you can return it to qvc for a full refund and order another set if you really want them......or not if you dont want to take a chance.

She would get a refund, but she wouldn't be able to order another set, since they not available anymore. Personally, I'd just settle for the refund.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland