Honored Contributor

Totally crazy idea but I'm surely tempted (no pun intended)

I have not baked in any of my temptations but I love to serve with them. I have a nice selection of Ow blue but now that I had my kitchen redone would love to switch to floral lace dark blue complete set. I could probably sell the others (at big loss) but I'm loving the new pattern in both the blue and red. It's crazy I know have to keep reminding myself it's a want not a need but the pieces are terrific especially the bowls!
Valued Contributor

Re: Totally crazy idea but I'm surely tempted (no pun intended)

Why don't you sell them as smaller groupings rather than one great big set? Also, you'd be surprised what Ebay bidders are willing to spend. Depends on the desire and demand. You might find new in box blue floral lace TT there, too.
Honored Contributor

The floral lace is pretty. I don't own it but have seen it at work when someone brings in dishes to pass at work. Hers is cranberry but I think the blue would be a nice addition to your updated kitchen.

Valued Contributor

On 1/15/2015 rac71 said: Why don't you sell them as smaller groupings rather than one great big set? Also, you'd be surprised what Ebay bidders are willing to spend. Depends on the desire and demand. You might find new in box blue floral lace TT there, too.

I agree with maybe selling on ebay! I still am amazed how much Temp-tations sell for there! I take a look once/twice a month and even the shipping being as high or higher than QVC, it sells!! most of the sets are broken down into 2-3 dishes so you would be making $$!!

Honored Contributor

Good idea but I have no idea how to do eBay but will look into it. I'm sure I could also do Craiglist or just hang up a picture at our clubhouse even if I get 50-60% I'd be happy. And our community yard sale would be the perfect place to sell them but I will be away that week, ugh bad timing!
Honored Contributor

there are people who sell on ebay for you...you take your stuff to them; they photo it, etc and you pay them a % of the selling price or a flat fee.....check to see if there is one in your area.

Honored Contributor

I think my sensible side took over and I'll just stop being ""tempted"" and just keep what I have. My luck I'll reinvest & she'll come out with another pattern & I will like that one better.
Honored Contributor

On 1/15/2015 homedecor1 said: I think my sensible side took over and I'll just stop being "tempted" and just keep what I have. My luck I'll reinvest & she'll come out with another pattern & I will like that one better.

I started out with Old World blue, and when Floral Lace came out, I was not happy! I have just about everything ever made in the OW blue, but like FL blue so much better. Had it been available back then, I'd probably never gotten into OW at all.

Here is a little tip. I find that my FL collection is only a fraction of the size of my OW collection, but I'm so much more satisfied with it, I'm not "tempted" by everything that comes down the pike, now. So if you might be more satisfied, and actually own less, perhaps a switch over isn't a total loss.

Lots of people mix their OW and FL. I don't find them very compatible, one is elegant, one is more country, but lots of people thing they look great together. If you've never tried any, I'd suggest a set of mixing bows from the Temp-tations website. They are nicer than others she has offered, and seem to be well done.

Also about ebay selling. We have done some, and it is more work than you'd think. Then worrying about the buyer being happy, things arriving broken etc. Just not worth it for me with glass/ceramic.

I'd much rather sell off in an atmosphere where the buyer is right there and you can see they are satisfied with the item. You won't get as much, but you won't have the hassle either.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a set of FL dinnerware in green, and it is pretty. It goes well with many of my other things, temptations and otherwise (OW springfetti is still my favorite).

Cogito ergo sum
Valued Contributor

Don't sell any of it, just mix and match and then pass it down to your kids one day. I collect Floral Lace Green, FL light blue and FL cobalt blue and Old World green and OW blue, it all works and looks beautiful.