New Contributor

Thought these were naturally non-stick??

Just got my first set for Christmas - and while I love the look I am finding they are not "naturally non stick" as the hosts say. Tonight for dinner I made regular dinner biscuits (the kind from the can) on the 9x13 lid-it. I almost had to throw them out as the biscuits stuck to the pan. I never grease the sheet pan I use for biscuits and had no reason to think I would need to grease the lid-it. I have to say I am a bit disappointed!

I will try to email the company tomorrow but I am not sure I will receive a response - I received the baking set as a gift and on the plastic lid for the 9x13 baker was cracked. I emailed Christmas day, and have not heard back from anyone yet. It should not take customer service 10 days to reply to anyone who has an issue with their product.

So far, this is two strikes. I was so excited to get this set - now I am beginning to wonder if maybe I should have asked for another brand. Anyone else with these issues - how do you recommend I proceed? TIA for any advice

Respected Contributor

Re: Thought these were naturally non-stick??

If I had it to do over,I would return all my temptations. I'm so nervous about it since I had a brand new piece crack while in the oven,and my 9x13 is crazed beyond recognition. They are very pretty but I'm just jaded. I would call qvc customer service and say you want to return this set . I'm sorry you had bad pieces.
New Contributor

On 1/4/2015 birkin baby said: If I had it to do over,I would return all my temptations. I'm so nervous about it since I had a brand new piece crack while in the oven,and my 9x13 is crazed beyond recognition. They are very pretty but I'm just jaded. I would call qvc customer service and say you want to return this set . I'm sorry you had bad pieces.

Wow it cracked in the oven?? My SIL uses them all the time and that has never happened - hope no one was hurt! I'm calling in the morning to see what I can do. Thanks!

Frequent Contributor

I have a lot of Temp-tations and love it but if you cook cornbread without greasing your pan I guarantee it will stick. I always laugh when Tara says nothing sticks. Maybe it's me but I've had a lot of ""sticks"".
Valued Contributor

I do not know what the difference is but I have better luck with the Blue Jean Chef's dishes not sticking. I am ready to try Rachael Ray's products and forget about Temptations anymore. Big Lots has R.R. items sometimes, so I will try one piece. I need to read some reviews on her line.

Regular Contributor

I have bought a LOT of Tara's products for myself and my daughter. They are not nonstick.

I put biscuits in the pie dish and the outside and bottom of all the biscuits stayed in the dish.

Now that I am older and aging, most of them are to heavy for me to handle.

Also if you read her recipe cards you get with some orders, the first thing she says is spray the dish.

Some of mine are cracking, and my daughter just told hers is doing the same.

Contributor

I thought I was the only one with that complaint. I bake a lot of bread, and tried the Temp-tations loaf pans without greasing (the host and Tara said it wasn't needed. That resulted in a disaster. Yeast bread ruined. The next time, I tried greasing the loaf pans and experienced the same thing. Now when I bake bread, I have gone back to my old non-stick metal pans, which really are non stick.

Trusted Contributor

I use PAM on all my cookware, nonstick included. I've heard Tara say that Temptations is "naturally" nonstick many times, but common sense would say otherwise. I've never had a problem with Temptations but I know others have. I would call their CS - forget email. A voice is difficult to ignore - squeaky wheel, right? Too bad your lid cracked, I hope they make it right!
Regular Contributor

Definitely not 'naturally non-stick'. Tried brownies & a disaster as well as biscuits. I like my temp-tations, but I always spray with a non-stick product. They should really stop making that claim.