Not applicable

hi qvc!! i just want to first say i love love love temptations. i am seriously and sickly addicted! i have one question about taras breakfast casserole recipe. it calls for french or italian bread trimmed...my husband says hard precut cubes and i thought fresh bread and cut up yourself...help, which one is it? i am wanting to make this on thanksgiving morning. please respond asap..thank you so much...happy holidaysSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

QVC does not post replies. I just looked at the recipe & I would say it means cut the crust of your bread & cut the inner bread into cubes. Not hard. If you make it please come back & let us know how it turns out.

Valued Contributor

Looks as if you use fresh bread that's what I would go with anyway! I, too would like to know how this recipe turns out for you! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Best Breakfast Casserole

Ingredients:

• 4 cups of Italian or French Bread, trimmed and cut into cubes
  • 1 lb. sausage, browned and drained
  • 8 oz. cheddar cheese, grated (reserve some for topping)
  • 2 tsp. salt
  • 2 tsp. dry mustard
  • 2-3/4 cups milk
  • 10 eggs
  • 2 scallions, thinly sliced (both white and green parts)

Preparation:

The night before:

1. Brown sausage, drain, and set aside. Place bread in the bottom of a 2.5 qt. baker. Beat eggs together with the other ingredients. Stir in the sausage, and pour over bread. Top with reserved cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

The next day:

1. Bake at 350°F for 1 hour, or until set. Serves 12