Frequent Contributor
I do not get into temptations that much. I bought a few pieces a few years ago that chipped and "crazed". I made a few posts about them. But, recently I had one out that was intact.I used it, washed and dried it, then layed it on my dining room table. I was distracted by my kids and left it there over night. Where the bottom ring was not glazed on the dish does not dry right away. They all seem to be made this way. But, that ring left a place on my dining room table will not come off. Magic erasers cleaners etc. What a mess... I will not be using what is left of those pieces and wish to warn you about this. The ring is white like the color of the bottom of the dish. I am a bit angry about it. My table IS NOT CHEAP. But, do not wish for this to happen to anyone else. Just to let you know.. Peace...
Frequent Contributor
I wonder if it is just a wet ring and it will dry out? Hope so! Keep us posted.
Frequent Contributor
On 11/24/2014 lynnzzz said: I wonder if it is just a wet ring and it will dry out? Hope so! Keep us posted.
No, it happened a couple of weeks ago. I just now got around to posting this...
Honored Contributor
I think all stoneware is made this way. If they glazed the area where the item rests on a flat surface, the glaze would stick to the kiln and they would be able to get it out. Examine your other glazed bakeware and see if it's made the same way.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Hon, a lot of times you can rub mayonaise (be generous) into a water ring and the oil will go down and lift up the water. Leave it on over night, It costs about $200.00 to $500.00 here to get a table top refinished. I do know gravy will bleach one right out, so I always have the gravy bowl on a platter!

Frequent Contributor
On 11/24/2014 kachina624 said: I think all stoneware is made this way. If they glazed the area where the item rests on a flat surface, the glaze would stick to the kiln and they would be able to get it out. Examine your other glazed bakeware and see if it's made the same way.
Mostly my things are glass and porcelain. I do not own any other ceramic kind of bakeware. But, I just wanted to give everyone a heads up to be careful...
Frequent Contributor
On 11/24/2014 ECBG said:

Hon, a lot of times you can rub mayonaise (be generous) into a water ring and the oil will go down and lift up the water. Leave it on over night, It costs about $200.00 to $500.00 here to get a table top refinished. I do know gravy will bleach one right out, so I always have the gravy bowl on a platter!

Thank you. I will try it..
Honored Contributor
Yes to restoring the table with simple mayonnaise. Be generous, let sit overnight, then wipe away with a soft cloth. Lemon oil also works.
Frequent Contributor
On 11/24/2014 RedTop said: Yes to restoring the table with simple mayonnaise. Be generous, let sit overnight, then wipe away with a soft cloth. Lemon oil also works.
I will try the mayo tonight. I have lemon oil too. Thanks for the info...
Respected Contributor

Wow, I'm so sorry that happened! I hope the mayo works.

I've discovered that most stoneware has this feature - that there is a bare ring around the bottom of the casserole, platter, etc. It absorbs water when you wash the dish. (

To prevent this, after washing, turn the item upside down on a dish cloth. Let it sit a day or more. That will dry out the area completely.