Contributor

Convertible cake/veggie stand back!

Finally, the round cake pedestal that converts to a veggie and dip set is back. It is slightly different than before but is essentially the same.

I had one but had broken the pedestal which comes off if you lift the cake plate. I'm sorry that they did not make this part one piece, but I will just be careful when lifting the cake plate. This is a really nifty set.

Honored Contributor

Re: Convertible cake/veggie stand back!

I have a number of the older ones, and have a couple of words for those considering the new one.

The dome cover on this new one, I noticed during the presentation will no way cover a cake on top of the pedestal. If you watch the video, it is much smaller than the actual surface of the cake plate part. This was a big complaint about the old one, and this new one looks even smaller. It really doesn't function as a covered cake plate unless the cake is very small.

This new one doesn't have a center handle on the top (does have two along the sides) and that top that doubles as a bowl has an unfinished rim like all the regular bowls. That really looks tacky when used as a dome, it looks like you covered the plate with a bowl turned upside down.

The fluting of the dip bowl/pedestal and the divided dish are nice, but overall this is not the improvements people were looking for in this piece. So many have waited, but I'd suggest watching the video closely before deciding.

Valued Contributor

On 11/5/2014 MerryBlueEyes said:

Finally, the round cake pedestal that converts to a veggie and dip set is back. It is slightly different than before but is essentially the same.

I had one but had broken the pedestal which comes off if you lift the cake plate. I'm sorry that they did not make this part one piece, but I will just be careful when lifting the cake plate. This is a really nifty set.

Thanks MerryBlueEyes for letting the TT lovers know that this set is back on the Q!! I would like it to be one piece too but like you said, just need to be a little careful with it. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

i had not seen this piece before, but it is something i could definitely use. love the versatility! i probably would not use the bowl on top if i was using it as a cake stand. it would hide my delicious sweets. LOL

i will be keeping my eye on this one. i would probably have to do it in the lace version because i dont do old world. this is one of those pieces that would be great in a solid or more neutral pattern.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein