New Contributor

What happened to the Yellow color in Old World

I'm trying to replace a couple of my Old World pieces in yellow. The color is no longer showing. When I call in, they just tell me it isn't available in that color. FOR GOOD??? TEMPORARILY? I think it is wrong to get someone hooked on a color then not have it. And while I am on the subject of replacing an item, why don't you offer some of your items as replacements - like the 9 x 13 baker???? If someone can tell me how to replace that item, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Re: What happened to the Yellow color in Old World

If you go to the website www.temp-tations.com under 'Shop' and look for 'Open Stock' you will find many items still in Yellow. They have a 2.5 quart baker in Yellow, did not see a 9x13 though, sorry. But you may be able to replace some broken items in Yellow. Hope that helped.

Contributor

I needed a couple of replacements a few years ago,had good luck calling the 800 # for Temptations,not QVC. Just had to pay shipping cost. If you go to the Temptations site they should have the 800# there.

Respected Contributor

I think the yellow ran off with my beloved cream color. Maybe they are "commingling", so to speak, and will come back around as the gorgeous creamy yellow choice. HA!

Seriously, I agree with you. It is quite frustrating to invest in a color choice and then later find that Temp-tations does not offer much in it anymore. Not good.

Honored Contributor

I feel so bad for the folks who collected yellow, because it was out for many years, and relatively popular, as it would often sell out. I had just begun to purchase some yellow, because I think it mixes so well with many of the other colors, especially black, brown, green and blue. That "mixing factor" should have been enough to keep it alive and available.

Many, many people have complained over the last couple of years about the absence of yellow, but Tara has said that Q chooses the colors they will bring, and they just don't order it.

There are more choices in yellow on Temp-tations.com and many times even new items they offer will come in the yellow.

The best bet for replacing those old pieces would be ebay, but you'll have to be patient as they can be few and far between.

Respected Contributor

I believe they've said yellow has become a seasonal color, available in spring. Guess we'll see next spring.
Honored Contributor

Losing a color or a pattern is so frustrating. I don't collect Temptations, but I had that same thing happen with a set of Villeroy and Bach which I was told would be available for at least 10 years. Of course, what they didn't bother to tell me is that it wouldn't necessarily be available in this country!

At least with my pattern I was able to find what I wanted on Replacements, Inc. Never actually bought it though because the cost was ridiculous by the time I realized what had happened.

Honored Contributor

On 11/5/2014 nomless said: I believe they've said yellow has become a seasonal color, available in spring. Guess we'll see next spring.

QVC (through Tara) has used that excuse for the last two years, and Q hasn't introduced any new yellow the past two springs. I wish they'd just be honest with the consumer, and if they have no immediate plans to bring it back in, just say so. Really isn't fair to loyal customers who are sitting and waiting on something that may never come back.

Respected Contributor

This is why I buy multiple colors. It seems like my chosen patterns get retired.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*