Not applicable

Why can't temptations be used on stovetop? But the new3.5qt Stove-top round baker can ?

Honored Contributor

It is supposed to be designed to do so. There were some other brands on Q, (either Blue Jean Chef or Technique) ceramics for the stovetop prior to this. Longaberger has a line of stovetop ceramics as well, and they are very expensive. I'm sure that there are other brands as well.

I'm out on this one. The way they crack and break in the oven, I'd never take a chance on putting anything from this line (whether or not it is designed for that use) on the stovetop. It is a disaster waiting to happen.

Honored Contributor

Emile Henry makes a ""flame"" line that can be used on the stovetop. The vessel has to be made specifically to withstand such high temps.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

Tomeg, do you have the item # for this round baker? I would love to take a look at it & read the information about it. TIA!

Trusted Contributor

I did a search for temptations stove top and came upon this:

K40916

Super Contributor
I have some Blue Jean Chef "Flameproof" items that can go on the stovetop, under the broiler, and everywhere else. I mostly use them when I'm starting something, like a frittata, on a burner and then popping it in the oven to finish. These pieces are made from a different blend of clays from softer stoneware like Temptations, or tempered glass like Corning. Those will take heat, but not direct flame. The Flameproof pieces take some care when on an open flame, to make sure they don't get too hot, or get dry (no oil or liquid). They can stick if you don't watch them. But they are great for what they are great for! My Flameproof lidded pot, btw, makes the best popcorn ever, in the microwave.
Valued Contributor

Sounds like there is something added to this 3.5 qt. stove-top baker so that you can use it on top of the stove and the oven...

from Tara's FB page...

a beautiful 3.5 quart temp-tations baker specially designed to go right on your gas, electric or glass-top stove top! (As with all stoneware, use with care to avoid scratching delicate surfaces.) It's everything you know and love about temp-tations -- oven safe to 500 degrees, microwave safe, refrigerator and freezer safe and a breeze to clean because it’s naturally non-stick and dishwasher safe. And it’s crafted out of special, heat-resistant clay, so it can take all the heat in your kitchen.

Honored Contributor

New one is made of different materials.

Honored Contributor
On 10/2/2014 mominohio said:

It is supposed to be designed to do so. There were some other brands on Q, (either Blue Jean Chef or Technique) ceramics for the stovetop prior to this. Longaberger has a line of stovetop ceramics as well, and they are very expensive. I'm sure that there are other brands as well.

I'm out on this one. The way they crack and break in the oven, I'd never take a chance on putting anything from this line (whether or not it is designed for that use) on the stovetop. It is a disaster waiting to happen.

I don't need TT that is for use on the stovetop. I have enough other cookware for that. Also, this new piece will be over $60. w/tax and shipping. Just doesn't interest me.

Honored Contributor

When i want to rake something from stovetop to oven i use my dutch oven or a Corning ware so I have no need for this particular item.