Respected Contributor

Just wanted to post again about my Temptations negative dangerous experiences as a precaution for consumer usage

It's that time again. As promised I said I would update when we were ready to resume our travels abroad again.

I know consumer safety should take precedence over profits.

Just as QVC Hosts always refers to their QVC members being part of their family time and again on national television, I too consider myself a QVC family member and part of their family too, and have for over 22 years.

The truth will prevail and will not be silenced as many of these posts and threads have been in the past, but if I am banned as a result of posting this then it would be worth it, if only to warn others that these Temptations items can become a danger for consumer and other related usages.

"One thing remains is the internet has others who have also posted their negative experiences, so the truth will continue to prevail" because until this is acknowledged and addressed and resolved by the manufacturing process others will purchase and possibly also suffer these product usage dangerous accidents and Temptations consumer related experiences.

QVC was also recently notified by other QVC members that many Temptations negative posts are being removed and threads totally disappear by the actions of one QVC member who does not like to read of any negative experiences.

Their reply was that all Temptations replies and threads should be allowed to remain on the QVC Community forum bb's, since we all have the right to post of all of our Temptations consumer usage experiences whether pro or con. They also stated they would investigate this removal of negative replies and threads.

I also know from my dangerous Temptations experiences, as well as all the other negative dangerous experiences and complaints also posted here, and on the internet as well, that this Temptations line sells defective products.

In addition to my numerous posts relative to my numerous Temptations defective dangerous consumer usage experiences, I am doing my utmost to issue a warning of what I experienced personally, so other consumers would also be aware of what may also occur to them when using their Temptations items.

They break while in a hot oven cooking as others also posted on the Temptations category.

This is the joy I personally experienced when using some of my Temptations bake ware and serving bake ware refrigerator items...when they performed flawlessly I loved them, but when they displayed being defective and dangerous it was time to trash them to ensure no one would ever experience the consumer related dangers which both I, and my dinner guests did, on 3 separate occasions.

My casserole filled with hot food straight from the hot oven broke in half in my hands as soon as I took it out of my hot oven, and to the shock and dismay of myself and my dinner guests who had a clear view to my Temptations bake ware consumer defect accident, we all watched in absolute horror as I let the oven hot broken Temptations halves go, and they crashed on to my kitchen floor.

The larger broken halves broke into smaller pieces, and the smaller pieces broke into tiny ceramic sharp dangerous shards , and the hot food was thrown everywhere.....on my kitchen floor, on my kitchen appliances, on my kitchen walls.

"Believe me I felt no joy whatsoever having to be very careful not to burn or cut myself when cleaning up that hot defective Temptations bake ware kitchen accident disaster mess".

My dinner guests were truly horrified that these made in China Temptations bake ware and serving items could be so defective, and consumer related dangerous to use.

Only by the grace of God did I manage to jump back and avoid getting seriously burned and cut from the hot cooked food and the broken sharp defective ceramics which exploded into many pieces when they broke in 1/2 and then crashed to my kitchen floor.

My other two experiences were with Temptations serving pieces which were also serving and oven bake ware items.

They were filled with cold salads and broke in the hands of dinner guests while being passed to each other at the dinner table. "I AM JUST SO THANKFUL NONE OF MY DINNER GUESTS WERE CUT AND INJURED".

Other Temptations pieces were crazed, and many also cracked too, as noted by others as well in their negative Temptations posts.

"These Temptations defects have been posted and noted for years, long before a Temptations category was ever enacted".

Nevertheless they continue to endanger consumers and the vendor is aware from all the internet posts here and elsewhere on the internet, that there are serious defects and accidents which occurred, and were publicly posted on the internet, and yet the only actions to date is their complete silence.

Well in my absence I hope others will keep posting their negative and positive experiences so we can all know what we can expect from a product line such as this Temptations line, which evidently has had too many "too close for comfort consumer related disastrous hot from the oven breakage defect accidents, and product breakage, while handling with no misuse whatsoever".

I was never angry or disappointed when I had to trash my entire vast Temptations Collection.

I was relieved that this dangerous product line was trashed by me so no one else could use it and possibly experience the dangers we did.No wonder so many Temptations items now appear on sale and on clearance.

Some things must take precedence over profits, and consumer usage and safety is the foremost consideration which should be # 1 when an item is manufactured and sold to the public.

What I and my dinner guests all personally experienced was consumer shock that these dangerous items were sold to me, and to others and are still being manufactured without decent quality control.

Temptations product manufacturing consumer usage safety enactments must be acknowledged and implemented now.

Temptations good quality control should be restored now.

In view of all the numerous negative dangerous consumer related experiences posted on the internet for years, all the above should be investigated, acknowledged and enacted upon now, because consumer safety must take precedence over profits.

Respected Contributor

Re: Just wanted to post again about my Temptations negative dangerous experiences as a precaution for consumer usage

I think it would be helpful if those reporting the breakage would identify the pieces involved (i.e.: 9x13", rectangular/square pieces, rounds/ovals, lid its) in order to determine if there is a "common denominator".

For example, I recently made my 1st Temp-tations purchase due to the high reviews: two OW pie plates. I've used both and am happy with the results. I will report, however, that they seem heavier/sturdier when compared to a friend's rectangular/square pieces. Whether this is due to the physics (?) of round vs. square or my imagination {#emotions_dlg.confused1} Wink, I can't say.

I hope this discussion can continue in an informative, civil manner.

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just wanted to post again about my Temptations negative dangerous experiences as a precaution for consumer usage

Report this to the CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission)?

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

My Temptations are doing well, but I have only 2 - round, fluted casseroles. I use them for dishes where I want lots of topping - mac and cheese, breakfast casseroles, etc.

No idea whether more Temptations burst than others, but I do know from my 50+years of cooking occasionally, lots of brands (including even the old, great Corning) crack, explode, etc.

Be careful in the kitchen -- and short on the boards. I'm too busy using my Temptations to read a novel about it.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you adoreqvc.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor

I am so glad no one was injured. I refuse to buy Temptations. I know they look pretty and all that, but I still refuse. I am older and all my bakeware is stuff that was made in the USA. If I wanted new, which I don't need, I would go to Fiesta or something that is made in the USA. I really don't know if any other company is still here. I do not trust that stuff imported from China.

Valued Contributor

On 9/26/2014 Sweetbay magnolia said:

Report this to the CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission)?

There was a post on another thread about where to report these. Not sure if I can find it. I'm afraid the Q's so invested in this Temp-Tations line they won't do anything. If news media got interested maybe the Q would sit up and take notice.

Valued Contributor

......N/m
Esteemed Contributor

Go to the CPSC website and there's a place to report unsafe products, and the criteria required in order to do so.

Cogito ergo sum
Valued Contributor

Thank you adoreqvc,

I hope your post is not deleted like so many others. I actually contacted QVC Corp. and few weeks ago and had a very nice talk with a girl about so many negative reviews being deleted after a particular poster kept reporting the posts.

She told me that posters should be able to post their experience with a product, good or bad without having the post deleted. They were going to contact the company that monitors the forums and go over community standards with them and tell them to be more careful in making sure that a post is, or is not in violation of these standards before deleting the post.

They also said if a person is banned for something that was NOT against Community Standards they can call corporate, as they feel that everyone that participates in these forums should have the right to voice their views and experiences as long as it is done in a respectful manner.