Super Contributor

I THINK IT'S TIME TO PULL THE PLUG ON TEMP-TATIONS.

I'm sure this thread will get "poofed", since QVC has possible ownership with Temp-tations.

At the least, I'm sure they have a healthy contract with a long-term life expectancy.

I , however, am now of the believe that they will sooner or later have to discontinue it because of customer dissatisfaction.

I am not investing in it any more due to the chronic reviews and comments from people who are having problems with breakage, cracking, and other problems. Many people are stating that new pieces are arriving with glazing problems, poor quality, cracks, nicks, patterns that aren't put on properly, and such.

In general, what I see and hear is that the original quality has really gone down as the prices are increasing. If this line can not stand the test of time, but ends up costing as much as the early so-called "competitors", such as Corning, Rubbermaid, Tupperware, and other hard-glazed cookware and bake ware, I am not about to invest in it. I do know these brands have passed the test of time for microwave, oven and freezer for sure.

I may be alone in my thinking, and hopefully so for those of you who have spent a lot of money and are very happy with your purchases.

My concern stems from the number of complaints that are arising with the popularity of this brand.

My fingers are crossed for each of you. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Blessings.

Honored Contributor

Re: I THINK IT'S TIME TO PULL THE PLUG ON TEMP-TATIONS.

i have bought temptations for many years, will continue to buy, and have had no problems at all (except that one time i did drop a piece and it broke). i hope they DONT discontinue the line because i like the items and find them to be very affordable.

if you dont want to buy, dont buy, but i see no reason why the line should leave qvc. there are plenty of other lines that some people like and some people hate, but qvc doesnt get rid of them just out of the blue because people ask for it.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I have a lot of holiday items - Hometown Christmas - a pretty line, white background with light blue snowflakes and holly. Winter for sure, but not just for Christmas. I don't cook in it - just use it for serving. Makes a festive table.

As for the other patterns -Old World, Floral Lace, etc. I find them too "busy" for my personal taste. I think all the pictures detract from the food you're serving, so I choose not to buy into those. I much prefer the white Corning Ware for serving food and I've never had a problem with any of their pieces. Same for my Pyrex.

i've read that Tara once had solid colors and then went to Old World, but I don't remember ever seeing any solids. I, too, think QVC (or David) have some financial interest in this line, though. So I guess it will be with us forever and ever and ever . . . .

Honored Contributor

They sell tens of millions of sets of TT on QVC - the % of people who complain about it is very low. I don't understand why anyone thinks that because they don't like a product it needs to be pulled from QVC or why anyone thinks that they should buy every product shown. Do you go into a B&M store and buy everything there? If you don't like TT - it seems to be the simplest of common sense to simply not buy it .There are lots of things shown on QVC that I would never consider buying - but someone else may love those products. I don't watch Logo or Dooney & Burke or SW jewelry but there are many others who absolutely love those items.

Honored Contributor

I mute it out or turn the channel tired of it. LOL If I need anything buy it in Walmart, no shpp.

Respected Contributor

I stopped buying it and will never purchase another piece again.

Honored Contributor

On 9/26/2014 happy housewife said:

They sell tens of millions of sets of TT on QVC - the % of people who complain about it is very low. I don't understand why anyone thinks that because they don't like a product it needs to be pulled from QVC or why anyone thinks that they should buy every product shown. Do you go into a B&M store and buy everything there? If you don't like TT - it seems to be the simplest of common sense to simply not buy it .There are lots of things shown on QVC that I would never consider buying - but someone else may love those products. I don't watch Logo or Dooney & Burke or SW jewelry but there are many others who absolutely love those items.

Honored Contributor

I have never had a problem that wasn't taken care of by customer service. Twice I received broken pieces and was immediately sent replacements. I chipped a few pieces throughout the years that was my own fault. I of course don't buy like I did in the past because I have plenty but I do occasionally buy different pieces that catch my eye and still find them useful and attractive....so I hope they are here to stay.

Trusted Contributor

I had a set of Temptations in my hand at the Studio Store. A woman,who I didn't know,walked up to me and said," Don't buy it. It chips and cracks easily." I listened and never looked at it again. Just my experience....
Super Contributor

I have purchased a number of pieces over the years and have not had a problem (yet). I am disappointed to read all the complaints about the items. I have read so many of them and I do believe that some people are having problems. I am at the point where I am just waiting to have an issue with one myself!

So far everything I have is fine. My most recent purchase is the pineapple dish with serving spoon and I love it. I have also gifted this. No complaints yet.

I don't think they need to discontinue the line; rather I think they should be finding out why some people are having the problems they are with the pieces and work to find a better quality control method to ensure that the pieces are better quality and any problems are taken care of immediately.

I hope that the quality can be improved in the future so that all customers are happy. I think that many pieces in the line are quite artistic and are such nice pieces to add to your kitchen and be able to use to serve loved ones and family and friends. It would be a shame to kill the line completely. I hope they will find a way to save the line, address the problems and fix them and have better quality control in the future.