Not applicable

I've been waiting for 2 months for a replacement for cracked 2.5 qt old world!

Why is it taking so long to get a replacement for a defective product? I've called temptions hotline my item has been on back order for 2 months! Enough already! Does anyone reply to these questions?
Honored Contributor

Re: I've been waiting for 2 months for a replacement for cracked 2.5 qt old world!

I would ask for a refund.

I stopped using my TT due to cracking and crazing issues.

Take the money and run....

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I've been waiting for 2 months for a replacement for cracked 2.5 qt old world!

I agree with terrier3...you might want to read the two other threads on here - "It Just Happened", and "In regard to cracking" - all about problems with Temptations. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Valued Contributor

On 8/6/2014 Ln said: Why is it taking so long to get a replacement for a defective product? I've called temptions hotline my item has been on back order for 2 months! Enough already! Does anyone reply to these questions?

It could be because there is such a long ""wait"" list for this item and there have been problems with orders because thousands of ""sets"" of Temp-tations are sold on the Q every time it is presented. Sorry for your wait

Contributor

There are a limited number of skilled artisans to hand paint the dishes. The kids are going into business and not following their parents artistic careers. This causes a delay in production of these hand painted items.

Tara has never/ever been able to take an instagram of these artists. They are too shy --- not like the Polish painters of dinnerware, or the fame loving Brummel (sp?} artists or even the Irish beleek (again sp ?) artists.

Tara in over twenty years has never been able to show a single image of the "Hand Painting" or manufacturing process.

I guess the Chinese are just too humble to be photographed as Tara walks through her loyal staff handpainting all of her products.

Respected Contributor

I would get a refund and cancel the replacement. They are not worth your time and effort.

Honored Contributor

I wonder if a piece has ever cracked on the air. Based on some of the first hand accounts I've read, it happens without notice. That's why mine are used more for decoration than baking.

Super Contributor

Oh please .... just get a refund! You don't want any more Temptations problems. One of my orders arrived cracked. I called Temptations customer service and they sent out another, which ALSO arrived chipped. When I called them again, said I wanted to send them back for another replacement, they were really rude and nasty and there was no way they were going to replace them again. I threw them out and would never ever buy Temptations again.

Respected Contributor

Temptations are prone to crazing, cracking, and exploding.

I would just ask for a complete refund and use Corning ware made in the U.S.A. and Pyrex also made in the U.S.A.

Another choice is Fiesta ware......Made in the U.S.A.

Enough with foreign throw away imports!

Valued Contributor

On 8/12/2014 BigOrangeKitty said:

Oh please .... just get a refund! You don't want any more Temptations problems. One of my orders arrived cracked. I called Temptations customer service and they sent out another, which ALSO arrived chipped. When I called them again, said I wanted to send them back for another replacement, they were really rude and nasty and there was no way they were going to replace them again. I threw them out and would never ever buy Temptations again.

so you never actually used Temp-tations? Upset because the third time wanting replacements you weren't sent another dish? hhmmm...and how rude were you when talking with CS? I have found that people give back what they get, after all, CS is there for you, to help.