Not applicable
Is the temptations butter dish microwaveable?
Honored Contributor

It should be. All her ceramic pieces are said to be oven, freezer, microwave, and dishwasher safe.

Valued Contributor
On 8/6/2014 Dusty05 said: Is the temptations butter dish microwaveable?

Dusty05, would you post the Item # for the butter dish, TIA!

Honored Contributor

Why would you microwave butter in a dish?

Super Contributor
On 8/9/2014 terrier3 said:

That's what I was wondering!??

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Valued Contributor
On 8/9/2014 terrier3 said:

I didn't think about that before!! good one!

Respected Contributor

Sometimes I zap butter so I can spread it on bread more easily.

Trusted Contributor
On 8/11/2014 insomniac said:

Sometimes I zap butter so I can spread it on bread more easily.

I sometimes zap butter too. I usually take it out of the refrigerator when I start cooking, zap it 10 seconds (my microwave is an older model and not as powerful as some). Then let it sit on the counter until meal time.

A great idea for a butter server, is a bouillon bowl, or a small ramekin. I love using a fiesta bouillon bowl as a butter server. The size is perfect for 1/2 stick of butter, and the small container fits perfectly in the butter compartment in our refrigerator door. Actually cutting the stick at 5 tablespoons fits well in the bowl, but I usually cut it at the 4 T line so I have 4 T left over for the next time. In fact two bouillon bowls fit into the butter compartment.

If I am serving more people I can have two cute containers of butter on the table (or even more). It is so much easier to pass around the table too, than a butter dish (in my opinion).

When the butter is used up, the bowl goes into the dishwasher, and since I have 8 bowls, there is another ready to use.

I think it looks better, at least compared to butter dishes I have had in the past. At least in our house, the butter would look messy, but the bouillon bowl keeps it more contained.

Anyway, just an idea, and you can use any brand of dinnerware you prefer.

This is a tablesetting of mine this summer, with the handy bouillon bowl "butter server".

photo c0ad6d5a-5237-410d-874f-31ed5cd91fb8_zpsfc148af8.jpg