Not applicable

Hello,

I own many sets, all in OW blue. I'm curious to know what color combinations people collect as well as pattern mixes. I would love to see pictures of your own collections if you're willing to share.

I personally want to start mixing it up but I own so many OW Blue, I want to make sure it's something that I would like.

Thank you in advance for anyone willing to share{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of OW so I have the breadbox in confetti and a set of pie pans in OW spice and that is all in OW. My corelle dishes are black & white so I have some pieces in an old pattern called daisy that is black & white and I have some black & white polka dots. Lately I have bought a few small things like salt & pepper shakers and spoon rests in floral lace cranberry.

Here at our summer home I have lime green gingham and a set of casseroles in an old d/c rooster pattern.

In comparison to some ladies I don't own a lot of TT. Years ago i had a set of serving dishes that looked like apples but when I unpacked them when we moved I dropped them both onto the ceramic tile and they were broken.

Honored Contributor

In the past I collected only lilac/purple pieces. I don't mix them with any other color except my white (not TT) dinnerware. I have enough TT and since I feel the quality is down, I no longer order. I do use the pieces I have frequently.

Honored Contributor

I started when TT first came to Q, and have a couple of the original solid sets with the wicker baskets.

When Old World blue came out, that was my color, and I have just about everything ever made in it. I was eventually drawn to OW brown, green, yellow, and cranberry as well as the spice. I have lots of the brown and some of the green, and some of the spice, just a few of the yellow and cranberry.

Then Floral lace came out, and I like it so much better, and wish it had come out earlier. I have that in blue, brown, spice and a little green.

I have lost of the more limited patterns as well from the past. Many of these, like Heritage (and vineyard and Folk Art, and several others) , were only available in about 4 or 5 sets, then they went away. I have all the Cardinal for Christmas, as well as a couple of older patterns for seasonals. I have just about everything made in OW Harvest as well.

I have to admit that I don't like to mix the patterns generally. It gets too busy for me. I do like to mix her solids with the patterns, and I do like to mix green FL with the Cardinal pattern, but mixing especially OW and FL just is too much for my.

I will mix OW brown with OW yellow, as I really love that look and I think OW green and OW brown are a great compliment as well.

I have decided to buy cheap solid plates, and mix them with all my other prints. For me, when you set the table with all pattern, even tho they all match and are the same color, it gets really busy, so I am now picking up (sometimes even just from the dollar store) plain solid plates in shades to coordinate. It tones the table down quite a bit, and gives a more designer look to the settings.

Respected Contributor

I have cream and black.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Regular Contributor

I started with Old World blue - cannisters, little pig I keep Splenda packets in, a cake stand with dome lid that can also hold salad, but then I fell in love with Old World red. I have the 16 piece casserole set, bowls, dairy set, also have the red & blue patriotic color fluted bowl set that blends in with my other red & blue things. Also have pie plates in various colors.

I love dishes. I have a set of Pfaltzgraf Heritage (white) that blends in well with all of this, also Warren Kimble America the Beautiful, Spode fleur de lis in blue that was my Mom's and lots of happy Fiestaware plates in happy colors. My son gave me a wonderful red Fiestaware red tea pot that blends in well with my red OW things. I don't know how to take a pic and load it on here. I suspect that's why others haven't posted pictures.

I am delighted to see the wonderful Temp-tations offerings for Christmas in July. I've taken advantage of the close out sales on the angel cake stand, bowls, mugs but now there are so many more delightful things being offered. Love the new poinsetta OW.