New Contributor

I am trying and trying to find out if Tarra will be introducing 9 inch round cake pans into the

collection. The pie pans do not work as they have ridges and are fluted. I have be asking for over a year and cannot seem to get an answer. HELP please in old world brown if possible.

Trusted Contributor

I do not know if this is something planned, but ceramic is the last thing I would want used for making cake pans.

The materials thermal mass means it would take longer to heat up and cool down. This would result in the top of the cake setting before the batter could sufficiently rise. Additionally, the cake would continue cooking after removing from the oven because the pan would hold heat.

While they may be pretty to look at, such pans would only serve to produce overly-dry hockey-pucks.

Valued Contributor

Not sure how a ""cake pan"" would work but I bake cakes in my 9x13 Temp-tations bake ware all the time with no problems! Cakes come out great & sometime I will just frost the top and keep the cake in the bake ware.

Respected Contributor

I would be afraid to bake in Temptations bakeware. Being made in China there's no telling what would leach into food.

Valued Contributor
On 7/19/2014 Sunshine Kate said:

I would be afraid to bake in Temptations bakeware. Being made in China there's no telling what would leach into food.

Please educate yourself