Super Contributor

Temptaions new Grill set 7/09/14

Hi, did anyone purchase the new Temptations Grill with lid?

I have one on wait list but think it looks too big and wide to fit inside my Counter microwave.? plus the Lid is very tall like a cake cover. I have a turntable inside the microwave, I have a Magic Chef brand.

I measured width of my microwave, just over 12 inch wide.how will it turn? Tara did not show that part, the microwave they use is commercial size wide,Chef Tony will show and open and the microwave, while doing a Demo.on Sistema. Tara did not say the measurements or anything about size and if it will fit a standard microwave?

Sometimes the Host's and vendors I noticed skip the important information out in the description. I like to know before I purchase,please.

Then I read complaints on here, some customers' getting a letter for too many returns or canceled items. I too have canceled purchases I try not to cance,l rarely return, maybe this is the reason.

They need to discuss this in their weekly meetings with Host's and Vendors.

I like to get it, but don't want to return it with shipping and handling costs, plus they have it in my color now..

I read the questions and answers on product page and put in a question and no one replied yet.

Thank you.

Regular Contributor

Re: Temptaions new Grill set 7/09/14

I ordered one and it has shipped. I'll post its size and let you know if it fits in my microwace.

Super Contributor

Roxie girl thank you I just cancelled my wait list anyway.

It will be back I got 2 weeks ago the New t.s.v. Rangemate, I got a lot on order from yesterday 5 items Kitchen new items and Kitchen Clearance.Monday, a lunchtime special.I will see by the time wait list gets in I my hear from you next week Thank you, have a great weekend.

Honored Contributor

I didn't think about that, but it's a valid concern. I didn't order, but put it on my wish list.

Valued Contributor

The measurement information of the grill set are on the product page that you looked at under the ""description"" info. HTH!

Approximate measurements: Tray 5""H x 12-7/8""L x 12-1/8""W; Grill insert 2/3""H x 8-3/4""L x 8-3/4""W

Honored Contributor

I considered getting this too but when I measured my small MW there is no way it would be able to turn in there. She messed up with the design on this - it should be round and slightly smaller.

Honored Contributor

I guess I don't really "cook" in my microwave, because I am amazed at all the microwave cooking pieces that Q is putting out front lately. I thought that microwave cooking died out a couple of decades ago. Maybe some of the newer stuff they have offered works better at making the food cook properly instead of become hard and rubbery like many of the older products that were designed for microwave cooking.

This particular TT piece isn't for me, as I don't think I would ever use it, but I did like that big plastic domed lid, and if she made some similar on things like 9x13 and muffin pans, we could cover our cakes and muffins and such, and not smash the tops like happens sometimes with the current plastic covers.

Super Contributor

Round would have been a more logical choice for this pan...

Valued Contributor

On 7/11/2014 happy housewife said:

I considered getting this too but when I measured my small MW there is no way it would be able to turn in there. She messed up with the design on this - it should be round and slightly smaller.

I agree! commercial micro ovens maybe but not in the typical home. I only use my microwave to re-heat foods, coffee, etc. Watched the demo video & this gas lots of uses and could/can be used in regular ovens also(without the plastic lid, of course)!

Regular Contributor

On 7/10/2014 roxiegirl said:

I ordered one and it has shipped. I'll post its size and let you know if it fits in my microwace.

It fit in my microwave, but it was too big for the turntable to spin. I sent it back the same day it came.