Honored Contributor

I would really like the cherry pie dish BUT ....

it says on the description it is 11 3/4 x 12 3/4 x 2 1/2 - that is way way too big to hold an already made pie crust and I am not a from scratch pie baker. Why would they say it is a 9" pie pan when , clearly, it is an 11 3/4 " pie pan? It is very pretty and I imagine I could use it for other things ... but I'm uncertain if it is worth buying or if it would end up just being a pretty display piece.

Honored Contributor

Re: I would really like the cherry pie dish BUT ....

I wanted to add that I have a set of 2 OW pie pans that are also too large for a 10" pie crust and I don't use them much, as a matter of fact they are on the tip top shelf in my cupboard where I need a ladder to get them. This is why I was so careful to look at the measurements on the cherry pie pan.

Honored Contributor

I just measured it for you...

It is 9"" with a one inch ""lip"" - which makes the total measurement 11 inches across.

It's is standard on the inside (what really counts!)

Respected Contributor

I just received this...bought if for a wedding shower gift. It is so cute. If it's too large for the crusts you use, perhaps you could use it for cobbler?

Respected Contributor

Agreed....the measure is edge-to-edge, not the inside diameter. The inside is standard pie size.

Frequent Contributor

This pie dish has really caught my eye......LOL. I just may order it. because it is just so cute.....LOL. I am not a pie baker......but, it could be the cutest serveware type item, as well, or as the OP mentioned a great cobbler type piece. Decisions, decisions......LOL.

Trusted Contributor

I was just gonna break down & order it - now sold out as it was on clearance. The matching mixing bowl is also gone. Phooey. Shipping is way too much on eBay for me ($14.28), plus higher price.

Trusted Contributor

I was wondering how this compared to my pie dish. The temp-tations is listed as 2 1/2 inches deep, and the sides look less slanted too. My dish is 9 inches diameter, measuring the top of the pan, inside edge. The outside measurement is 10 3/8 diameter. My pie dish is 2 inches deep, and it has slanted sides. When I make the standard recipe for a 9-inch pumpkin pie (on Libby's label) it fills the pastry perfectly. The recipe calls for an unbaked 9-inch pie shell with high-fluted edge. Also, my pie dish is listed as holding 31 ounces. These are the measurements of my fiesta pie baker.

Now, about the pastry, I have not tried the pre-made sheets of pastry, so I don't know if they would fit. I make my own, and actually make a recipe for a double crust when making the pastry for the pumpkin pie. I would prefer to have too much pastry and not have to roll it too thin, or not have enough to make a really nice edge. Then I just use the excess and make pastry cinnamon/sugar "cookies". Love having extra for those, lol.

So, it seems to me that the temp-tations is larger than the standard 9-inch. I also have a glass 9-inch pie dish, and it is only 1 1/2 inches deep, with slanted sides, 9 inches diameter on the top inside edge. So my fiesta pie baker is 1/2 inch deeper than my glass pie dish.

Honored Contributor

On 7/9/2014 terrier3 said:

I just measured it for you...

It is 9"" with a one inch ""lip"" - which makes the total measurement 11 inches across.

It's is standard on the inside (what really counts!)

Thanks - so the measurements they listed on QVC were incorrect - why doesn't that surprise me? I think I'm gonna get one - as Tara would say - so stinking cute.

Respected Contributor

I considered it also....my kitchen is red and white and it would have been cute and the clearance price was good. Enjoy it if you got it.