Frequent Contributor

Figural mice??? Maybe Temp-tations??

I just saw the last part, but during the patriotic pie plate presentation, Carolyn held up a cute set of figural mice. Does anyone know what she said about them or where I can find them? I couldn't find them when I tried to search. If anyone knows anything she said that I missed please let me know. They were so cute and is like to get them.
Super Contributor

Re: Figural mice??? Maybe Temp-tations??

If it's the little pink salt & pepper mice, I heard her say at the beginning of the show they were the "vintage item of the show", given to her by her late brother quite a few years ago, for her wedding anniversary. She called them Merry Mice.
Frequent Contributor

Thank you JackieBlue. Maybe they were the ones you mentioned. I only saw them for a second but boy they were cute. If they are her personal vintage ones, then they are probably not a QVC item to buy. Smiley Sad Oh well, thanks for letting me know about them. Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor
Super Contributor

On 6/25/2014 alicedee said:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/adorable-vintage-Howard-Holt-salt-pepper-shakers-rare-pink-mice-squeakers-/2...

Are these it?

yup 1958 Holt and Howard!

Super Contributor

Just looked at the bay & saw the cats, Santas, etc., I really like the cats --- adorable!
Honored Contributor

I saw just the end of that presentation and wondered if they were a future item too. Thanks for clearing that up. I have a Howard Holt Christmas cookie jar that my grandfather got me when I was little (about 1962) and I cannot believe how much these things sell for now.

They are horribly cheap ceramic from Japan (that era's cheap made Chinese junk), most have not held up well with any kind of use (paint peels off so easy) yet today they are coveted treasures! I would never part with mine, like Carolyn's mice, they are very special to me, but it is amazing how one generations "cheap junk" is another's collectibles!!

Her mice were really cute!

Regular Contributor

I really like the cats on the eBay link.

Honored Contributor

On 6/28/2014 JannyRee said:

I really like the cats on the eBay link.

Honored Contributor

On 6/25/2014 JackieBlue said: Just looked at the bay & saw the cats, Santas, etc., I really like the cats --- adorable!

Vintage Holt Howard Cozy Kitten Cat Retro Pixieware Salt and Pepper Shakers