Contributor

Years ago,Tara came out with a Christmas set called "snowy nights". Does anyone remember this? I bought it when it was a TSV.

Why doesn't Tara do more WHIMSICAL patterns?

Tara, please do more WHIMSICAL.!!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas Temp-tations Set

Some of those earlier limited patterns like Snowy Nights seemed to have better detail and were more intricately done. It would be nice if she would go back and continue some of those patterns, but I think they might now be too expensive to do so.

I think she has strayed somewhat from the whimsical because for awhile, that was a big part of her line (think all the farm animal stuff) and many were complaining, wanting more sophisticated patterns and solids. Many complained you could get whimsical anywhere, but wanted more sophistication in the kitchen. Hopefully she can balance it out so everyone gets what they are looking for.

Regular Contributor

I don't remember Snowy Nights. Can you describe it?

Respected Contributor

I have a pattern called Hometown Christmas - very pretty, white background, holly leaves and snowflakes. Great for all winer, really. I don't know why she discontinued this pattern!!

I have found some great additional pieces on eBay. Try there - you might be surprised.

I do remember Snowy Nights. It was a really cute pattern.

Respected Contributor

Frequent Contributor

That's really pretty because it's not only Christmas - it's seasonal Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I have this and love it. I have no idea why she doesnt do that more.
Valued Contributor

I have a couple of sets of Hometown Christmas (one with 2 round casseroles, one with 2 rectangular bakers, and a separate rectangular baker with a lid. Also have a set of 3 dessert serving plates with wrought iron holders and glass cutting boards. All these pieces were also available in the Starry Nights. I use the Hometown Christmas all winter as it is more winter themed than Christmas-specific. Just listing this reminds me about why I am running out of storage space in my house! I also LOVE the shell pattern set she had a few years ago (big serving bowl with a rectangular baker). The newer stuff is not a fun or as detailed as the older stuff.

Respected Contributor

I agree, ceekay. I don't care at all for the newer patterns. The older ones were definitely the best, and the ones that got me started with Temptations. Old World, Floral Lace, etc. are just too busy for me. I think they detract from the food rather than adding pleasure to the table.

I don't remember the Shell pattern, but I think I might consider buying something like that. As for the current patterns, including the new one with the picket fence, they aren't for me.

Valued Contributor

I have bought several pieces of Snowy Nights from ebay. I like this Christmas theme the most! Always on the lookout for more!