Not applicable

I recently purchased a one of the Floral Lace baking sets for my daughter in law, in chocolate. She loves it! My problem is there is not enough of a selection in the Floral Lace and I thought about mixing it with the Old World pattern. I wanted to know if anyone has mixed them and what they thought of it.

Super Contributor

Re: Old World vs. Flora Lace

I mix my FL Red with OW Green and my FL Cranberry with my OW Fallfetti. They look great! Also, my Vintage Grace in Cream looks beautiful with all of them. I try to pick a color in FL that coordinates with a color in the OW pattern.

Honored Contributor

Re: Old World vs. Flora Lace

I own lots of Old World (in blue, brown, green, yellow, cranberry and spice) and I have most of the blue Floral Lace and some brown FL, as well as lots of solids and some other patterns as well.

I personally don't like to mix OW and Floral Lace very much. I think it is too busy, but more than that, I think the FL is elegant, while the OW is much more casual. I like to mix either one with solids, whether Temp-tations or other brands. Poppet1 is correct, the Vintage Grace cream looks great with everything, and there are a couple of other cream offerings in the Classico pattern and the Verona pattern that I love to mix with my brown Floral Lace.

That being said, many people mix their FL and OW and are very happy with the look. If you (or your daughter-in-law) like it, then it really isn't a wrong thing to do!

There is more Floral Lace available on Temp-tations.com, and there have been a lot of FL offerings in the past. I know there is a lot more FL to come, as it is really popular, but seems to take longer to manufacture than the OW. If you can be patient, I'm sure you'll see more and more of it coming over time.