Valued Contributor

Temp-tations cutting board/counter protector

I was just (finally) putting away the winter theme cutting boards in my kitchen. They are a set of 3 sizes in the Temp-tations Hometown Christmas pattern. I sure wish Tara would bring some glass cutting boards in Old World or maybe even the rare Seashell pattern. I do not really cut on them but use them more as counter protectors (old house, formica counters). Old World would be good to use year round. Has anyone seen other Temp-tations glass cutting boards?

Respected Contributor

Re: Temp-tations cutting board/counter protector

I've gotten several with sets that I've bought. I use them as trivets.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Valued Contributor

Hmmm, had not thought about that. Duh! Guess I could put the little plastic feet on them (I have lots of spares since they come off sometimes). None of the glass trivets I have are as large as the big one in the cutting board set. Thanks for the reminder, I will go take a peek at my sets and see what might work!

ps - just went and looked - I had completely forgotten that my original set of Old World came with wicker liners, not glass ones. The smaller, new set has the glass trivets. I rarely use the metal baskets so have them stored away (which is why I forgot some had wicker).

Honored Contributor

I love to shop at Cracker barrel and they usually have those glass cutting boards you are looking for - I have a Christmas one and a spring flower one and at my summer camp a farm theme one. This is the first I have ever seen them from TT. I too have formica counters and they are a great asset to prevent DH putting hot pans down on the formica.