New Contributor

Quality Control Seems to be Lacking Lately

Hi - First let me say I am a HUGE Temp-tations fan and love and use everything I have, but recently there have been some quality control issues that I'm very disappointed about (both on orders from QVC and directly from Temp-tations.com). I've had to contact customer service (at Temp-tations.com) twice on my two most recent purchases (and I will say they did a terrific job replacing what was defective)...however it's frustrating that this is happening more frequently.

I just received the new Gingham Garden set in red (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! this new pattern)...I was so excited as I got it out of the box, but was disappointed that one of the glass trivets is defective. The pattern border is completely cut off on one end. It seems small, but it is becoming increasingly frustrating.

I love the products, but I feel bad that I'm going to have to (again) reach out to customer service to get something replaced. Just asking that the QC process both here at QVC and on Temp-tations.com be assessed an looked at. Please keep the products coming (and more in the Gingham Gardens) but please look at your QC process! Thanks...

Respected Contributor

Re: Quality Control Seems to be Lacking Lately

Lately? I think that quality control went away years ago. It's lack is evident in way too many products.

Honored Contributor

Lack of quality control will be the end of this line, if it ever does happen. The designs are nice, and there is something for just about everyone. The price isn't horrible, but the inconsistent quality keeps people up in arms. Some sets seem to just be better than others when it comes to thickness/heaviness, and color saturation, and painting/glazing. When people get good pieces, they get excited and try to keep buying and adding to their collection, just to be disappointed later when other pieces are terrible.

I never worry too much about buying from Q, because they have such and easy return policy, and never charge for returning defective merchandise, so you are out nothing but time and frustration to give something a try.

The Temp-tations web site is a different story. They charge for returns, sometimes even when the product is inferior and not up to standards. They say they are shipping out replacement parts, but often they don't come, are out of stock and waiting forever for replacement. I think the TT web site is just more difficult to deal with, and I don't order from them as much because of it.

Regular Contributor

Not lately? Welcome to the boards.
Contributor

I agree, I don't think that there is any quality control in China. I wouldn't be surprised if this work is done by children considering what I've seen. If these were made in the USA they would be a good product and Tara's beautiful designs would be a real seller. They would cost probably twice as much however and that's a real chunk of change. I doubt that things will change because it's always about the money.