Regular Contributor

Ceramic Travel Mugs Are Back!

Has anyone ordered these yet? I just happened to look on the site a couple of nights ago and spotted them. I suspect they won't last long bc so many of us liked the ceramic mugs she came out with a couple of yrs ago.

The new ones are pretty, but I'm still on the fence about ordering them. I still have one from 2 yrs ago(it was a Christmas gift), but it recently formed a crack on the inside that allows liquid to go inside the double wall area. The only way to get it out is to take out the stopper on the bottom & shake it. It hasn't leaked & I use it 3-4 times a wk., but I'm kind of leery about getting the new ones. If anyone has the new ones, I'd like to know if u like them. Smile

Honored Contributor

Re: Ceramic Travel Mugs Are Back!

I got them this week in the light blue which is really aqua. They're very pretty but seem heavier than the old ones. They have the design inside of the cup.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Thanks to both of you for the updates!!

Honored Contributor

I have these in the Old World pattern in green, blue, brown, yellow, cranberry, and I just ordered Floral Lace blue.

We use ours every day. I don't see them as useful for hot drinks, because they don't keep things hot very long, and the silicone lids smell funny to me.

I keep them in my freezer, and we use them all day and at every meal for cold drinks. Love the way water, milk, pop, juice, tastes so cold and refreshing. I don't know how I lived without them.

Surprisingly, they have held up very well, being used, washed, and stored in the freezer, I'd expect crazing and cracking to be a problem. I dropped one in the sink and chipped it, so that one's demise was my fault. One other developed a crack on the inside bottom, but this is after several years of hard use. Overall, I wish all my TT performed this well.

Honored Contributor

I have the old version.

The lids never worked properly and the smell is STILL there - at least 2 years later!

I use them for water and lemonade...not what I had hoped.

Honored Contributor

If your lids leak, you're not putting them on properly. I think most people try to force them down too far. All you need do is very lightly put them on the first level of the rubber (if that makes sense). I've had the old and new but never had one leak. I do wish they weren't so heavy.
Regular Contributor

Is this on the TT website or Q?

I have the older version in OW confetti. I use one daily for water.

Honored Contributor

It's here item K40520.