New Contributor

I am new to Temp-tations and am contemplating buying some of the bakeware. The only item I have purchased is the bread basket.

I am looking at the Temp-tations Old World 16-piece Oven-to-Table Set K27938. I like the idea of the Lid-It, and only wish there was a rectangular/square set that had lid-its for all the items. This set has tempered glass trivets. Does anyone use these trivets in the oven or are they not safe to be put in the oven?

Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

The trivets are not to be used in the oven.

Honored Contributor

The glass trivets are not oven safe. They have the pattern applied by a paper backing attached to the glass, and sometimes the paper backing comes loose after use and washing a number of times. These are handy and nice if you are looking at your first set, but much beyond that, they become kind of cumbersome to store and maintain.

Honored Contributor

You can, of course, use them as a trivet, to line the basket or as a cutting board or cheese board (if large enough).

New Contributor

Thank you much for all the answers!!

Valued Contributor
On 3/23/2014 Daysdee said:

You can, of course, use them as a trivet, to line the basket or as a cutting board or cheese board (if large enough).

I have a couple of the smaller trivets in a drawer next to the stove that I use to put a pot or dish from the oven onto the counter, very handy! I also have used them as a cheese board, looks very nice! I appreciate Tara including them with her sets. Easy to use & makes a great presentation. Never had a problem with storing them, they are flat so I have them stacked in the pantry and some in the wire racks!