Respected Contributor

Are the polka dot TT hand painted? It must be a boring job if so. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Now that is funny! I hadn't thought of that. I think I might be at a time in my life where that would be a good job for me!!

Honored Contributor

Really wonder how all the patterns are done. OW is covered with décor. Someone who saw mine said they couldn't be ""hand painted."" They say they are.

Respected Contributor

mominohio, a good job for me too, except I probably would be fired for not making the dots round consistently !Smiley Happy

I have always been curious about why "hand painted" would be so grand for bakeware etc. I do not mind mass produced.

I wish more in polka dots would be offered. Polka dots are so popular in fashion currently and as a geezer I have seen them come and go in trending as everything does. But they do make me happy to look at as I have said before.

Occasional Contributor

now I know why there hasn't been any new polka dots.......someone asked if they were hand painted.........I cant figure out how someone would sit all day and paint all those plates, cups, etc.........let alone dots. I don't care how, I just want to see my polka dot tts back in red and white.

Occasional Contributor

now I know why there hasn't been any new polka dots.......someone asked if they were hand painted.........I cant figure out how someone would sit all day and paint all those plates, cups, etc.........let alone dots. I don't care how, I just want to see my polka dot tts back in red and white.

Honored Contributor
On 3/16/2014 okaywitheasypay said:

mominohio, a good job for me too, except I probably would be fired for not making the dots round consistently !Smiley Happy

I have always been curious about why "hand painted" would be so grand for bakeware etc. I do not mind mass produced.

I wish more in polka dots would be offered. Polka dots are so popular in fashion currently and as a geezer I have seen them come and go in trending as everything does. But they do make me happy to look at as I have said before.

Another geezer here, and I love polka dots in fashion and in TT. Yes, they have been around a long time. Had an adorable two piece dress in the 60's. Have some tops now. I like the TT polka dots and agree they should be offered again.

Occasional Contributor

hi everyone,

I had written a reply on here by the person if they hand paint the dots. it makes me wonder, as I have not been happy with the PDs that I am receiving. I just got my 3 piece PD in red and white, had to return them...all three had issues. I had to pay to return them all. why is that, when something is wrong with the bowls. the big bowl had a pick mark in it, the second bowl had white dots with red marked on them and some were not round, the third bowl had swirls inside and out. I told them on the phone, so I had to return them. now I sit with the Cherry bowl that also has dots on them.......bowl is not great either. I think Tara needs to step up and make sure her merchandise is checked by Quality Control better than it is. the prices are going up and the quality is not as it once was. Sorry, just had to say something. I love Temptations but if this quality continues to be bad, I am not investing more money.

thank you for listening.

Occasional Contributor

they can say they are hand painted, doesn't mean one person sits there and does all that painting either. each item can be hand set in a machine for painting, see hand painted.

Honored Contributor
On 6/12/2014 chambordbear said:

hi everyone,

I had written a reply on here by the person if they hand paint the dots. it makes me wonder, as I have not been happy with the PDs that I am receiving. I just got my 3 piece PD in red and white, had to return them...all three had issues. I had to pay to return them all. why is that, when something is wrong with the bowls. the big bowl had a pick mark in it, the second bowl had white dots with red marked on them and some were not round, the third bowl had swirls inside and out. I told them on the phone, so I had to return them. now I sit with the Cherry bowl that also has dots on them.......bowl is not great either. I think Tara needs to step up and make sure her merchandise is checked by Quality Control better than it is. the prices are going up and the quality is not as it once was. Sorry, just had to say something. I love Temptations but if this quality continues to be bad, I am not investing more money.

thank you for listening.

These pieces sound defective to me, and you don't have to pay to return defective or damaged items to QVC (I'm assuming you got them fromQ). Just contact Q's customer service and they will adjust your return.

If you got them from the Temp-tations website, buyer beware. They are not at all return friendly. They really sock it to you to return items there that are less than quality.