New Contributor

Am I the only one waiting for the production of a Temp-tations (Old World) spoon rest? The majority of stoves I've seen in my life, and have owned, have spoon rests sitting on them or a nearby counter. They're a convenient and useful item. Tara has everything else one can possibly imagine for a kitchen, and then some. So how come she hasn't thought of making a spoon rest? To me, it's a no brainer. Just sayin'.

Respected Contributor

I'm really surprised that she doesn't have one in her line of products. I don't ever bother with those things myself; I just use a saucer or mug.

Honored Contributor

Temp-tations.com has spoon rests in FL, OW vivid and OW. $19 and change for a set of 2.

Respected Contributor

Surprised she hasn't brought them to Q. I've always used a spoon rest, I don't like dirtying a plate or saucer. And then it's laying right on the stove where and when I need it. No need to grab something out of the cupboard. But that's just me.

Honored Contributor
On 3/13/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said:

Surprised she hasn't brought them to Q. I've always used a spoon rest, I don't like dirtying a plate or saucer. And then it's laying right on the stove where and when I need it. No need to grab something out of the cupboard. But that's just me.

You are right about it being such a kitchen basic, and would think Q would offer it.

For those who haven't heard, it seems that Tara has said on FB many times in the last year, that Q decides what to buy and air, and that Temp-tations has no real input to what the buyers choose, when it is aired etc.

I think that she is frustrated with people complaining and thinking she isn't listening to their requests, when in fact it is Q not listening. This seems right, because she is offering things on her website that people ask for (like the spoon rests) and colors that Q won't carry much anymore (yellow and lilac OW).

I never use a spoon rest, I just lay the spoon on the counter beside the stove, and wipe up the mess. I have no idea what my problem is, other than I guess I don't want to crowd my stove top with anything else, as I keep a tea kettle and my chicken measuring spoons on the stove, and anything else seems crowded to me!

Honored Contributor

If they did offer one, it would probably be in a set with another item or two. If not, the shipping would probably be almost as much as the spoonrest. I always use one and have a couple that match my kitchen.

Respected Contributor

I like spoon rests too. They're quite useful.

Valued Contributor
On 3/13/2014 Daysdee said:

If they did offer one, it would probably be in a set with another item or two. If not, the shipping would probably be almost as much as the spoonrest. I always use one and have a couple that match my kitchen.

Totally agree with you! Seems like the Q only want to sell Temp-tations in sets. I know Tara sells individual pieces on her site and she has several designs...Floral Lace (limited colors), OW Vivid & the original OW, the last 2 in just about every color except what seems to be major colors for a lot of TT lovers here on this forum, no yellow or Lilac.

Contributor

As others have noted, there is a spoon rest available (set of two) on Temp-tations.com, but I use the tempered glass trivets for spoon rests, so why spend more money for something just because it is shaped like a spoon???