Occasional Contributor
I would looks to see a rice cooker,in old world and floral lace,simular to he slow cooker. We need more small appliances to make our temp-tation bakeware.
Honored Contributor

rice is constipating......who needs it?

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor
On 3/10/2014 fluffy 49 said: I would looks to see a rice cooker,in old world and floral lace,simular to he slow cooker. We need more small appliances to make our temp-tation bakeware.

That's a great idea! The slow cooker has done well and I would think a rice cooker would be a great addition to the kitchen!

Honored Contributor

I've never used a rice cooker, and for me it wouldn't be practical. I though the slow cooker was an incredible rip off as well. It was way overpriced for the size, quality and it not being the fancy newer electronic kind (although I never had a fancy one of those either). At the same time TT introduced the slow cooker, Walmart had the same size and features with a design and colors that would coordinate with TT OW for around $20. I just couldn't see paying so much (plus shipping!) for something so basic.

I'm not one for printed kitchen appliances, but I think that other small appliances like toasters or toaster ovens, as well as the rice cooker you mentioned would probably sell well, as many people seem to like everything to match.

Valued Contributor

I always scoffed at the idea of a rice cooker until I purchased one. My husband and I really like to cook asian foods so it gets used at least once every other week or so. It really does cook rice perfectly and has made me into kind of a rice snob! Smiley Very Happy Though I don't know about a Temptations rice cooker. I think they should probably stick to what they know which is pottery and dishes. Unless Emeril or someone is willing to do a joint venture with Temptations which I can't really see happening.

Valued Contributor
On 3/10/2014 ctinaw said:

I always scoffed at the idea of a rice cooker until I purchased one. My husband and I really like to cook asian foods so it gets used at least once every other week or so. It really does cook rice perfectly and has made me into kind of a rice snob! Smiley Very Happy Though I don't know about a Temptations rice cooker. I think they should probably stick to what they know which is pottery and dishes. Unless Emeril or someone is willing to do a joint venture with Temptations which I can't really see happening.

I was the same way about a rice cooker that you were before I got one years ago and then it was sold on it!! Last time I moved it was packed up & I haven't used it since but I would/could be convinced to get one in the Temp-tation line if Tara ever came out with one. Mine was a bland white color and would think about a solid color. Wouldn't think Tara needs any help with her products but some might want to lend their name to hers if the product was right for them

Super Contributor

I purchased a Rival rice cooker at WalMart for $10.00. I love this thing. It takes all of the hassle out of cooking rice, and is so easy to clean. Worth every penny and more!!

Honored Contributor
On 3/10/2014 Desertdi said:

rice is constipating......who needs it?

Most of the world.

Honored Contributor

We've had our fuzzy logic rice cooker for many years now and love it. I would say that besides the obvious appliances, it's the one we use the most. I highly recommend the fuzzy logic models. Zojirushi is probably the best brand.

As for Temptations, I have to assume that with their slow cooker and potentially other appliances, they contract them out to be manufactured to their specs and then add their design.

Personally, I'm not into designs on appliances, and I also think that you can overdo that kind of thing in a kitchen.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Not applicable

I'm just becoming a fan of Temptations products so I would love to see what a rice cooker would look like in their designs. Not saying I would purchase, but it would be nice to see it.