New Contributor

Cobalt blue pieces are not consistent

I am very upset that my cobalt blue pieces are arriving in light blue and medium blue instead of cobalt what is the problem? You should be using the same color paint every time. I'm about ready to quit temptations. Every item shown on air is a beautiful cobalt color but what arrives at my home are all different shades. Customers continually complain about this problem and it is never addressed. You are losing loyal customers because you do not deliver the colors shown on air. Get with it or I'm done with temptations. I want cobalt blue to actually be cobalt blue. Imagine that! Get with it or I'm done with Temptations.
Honored Contributor

Re: Cobalt blue pieces are not consistent

This has been an ongoing problem with the TT line since the beginning. The color variations are billed as "unique" and "artisan", but in reality, it's just sloppy work. I see this problem in Old World more than the other lines, and it frustrates me as well. I notice it mostly with my blue and brown items. I prefer a darker tone, and a darker wash as well. Sometimes when you set the table, the difference is really striking, and makes it appear you bought seconds.

Contributor

i have the same problem with my cobalt pieces. I just got a new piece the utensil holder and it is nothing like my original cobalt pieces. I guess I can't buy anymore temptations in the old world pattern as it is so different as to clash.

New Contributor

I just got the utensil holder too. I put it right back in the box as it is such a light color. I like Temptations and that they have so many pieces but is it too much to ask for them to match? I may quit buying it also. If I keep the utensil holder and place it on my counter, it would look like it was a cheap second. I planned on buying another utensil holder but after receiving this one, I don't want any other piece that looks so drab. It really is too bad. But have you noticed what a. Ice color the cobalt blue is on T.V.? Why don they make them all the same? I am very sad.
Regular Contributor

Yep...many people have complained about that. When she was on the other night with the 24 piece oven to table set, she started off w/the cobalt in the floral lace. She straight up mentioned the difference between the two bowls that were nested together. One was clearly lighter than the other. So being that she did that on air, it tells me that she doesn't plan on doing a thing about the colors being "off." I guess the majority of people don't mind bc they keep snapping up those sets like hotcakes.

I've had an issue w/the polka-dots. I had a lid-it split in 1/2 in the oven. When I got the replacement, I compared it to the broken one and it was very different. The replacement did not match the 9x13 @ all. It was light...almost creamy white color. My 9x13 is more of a darker beige. You didn't have to look hard to see the colors were "off." I haven't bought another polka-dot item since.

Respected Contributor

Also, the old world carved "cranberry",is not at all cranberry, it is absolutely a true red, and what they called "red" ,in the poppy passion, is orange. And of course it is expensive to send back , so people are likely to just keep them even though the colors are not consistent or as described.
Respected Contributor

Yes, I also recently bought the utensil holder and it is about a shade lighter than my other Old World Blue items. On one side the paint is also smeared more. I wouldn't mind if it was consistent all the way around. I only decided to just keep it because I am having trouble with UPS not leaving packages when I am not at home and I had to drive about 35 minutes just to pick it up. I am just going to keep it on the counter away from the other pieces and with the bad side to the wall! If I wasn't having trouble with UPS and it was a larger piece I think I would send it back.

I also ordered one in confetti for a friend and the colors do not look as vibrant as I remember but I have no other pieces to compare it to. I love all of my Temptations but I am disappointed that the color is not consistent.

Occasional Contributor

I wonder if the age of the glaze effects the shade of paint when it's done. I think things being done in an assembly line in a factory can even come out different at least a little bit too. I think the differences in TT just gets chalked up to 'hand painted'. I think that means you'll have to take it as it is, or leave it. Has company ever commented negatively about the coloration differences?
Honored Contributor

Lilac wasn't consistent at all either. Original were pretty and those purchased later were more pink. Pink would be nice, but I wanted all pieces to be close to a match. Maybe that is why Tara seldom presents Lilac any more.