Fashion & Accessories Clearance
36 Members and 11236 Guests Online

Temp-tations

Temp-tations Made in China

Started 1353335463.103 in Temp-tations | Last reply 1357248447.177 by gkelly5744

Wish these were made elsewhere. I won't buy any stoneware made in China. Sorry QVC!

Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 4 Next
Illinois J­udy1353336256.271718 PostsRegistered 11/7/2007

So is the LeCreuset they are selling now. I couldn't believe that when I saw it. Be careful when ordering anything.

Sylanne1353350191.7031839 PostsRegistered 6/13/2006

I refuse to buy anything re cookware, dishes, etc. MIC.

I have my old RevereWare pots & pans, Lodge Cast Iron items MIA; + older CorningWare also MIA----holding up very well; looking like new.

All my dishes + bakeware are FIESTAWARE still MIA.

olewoman1353369516.2232099 PostsRegistered 10/19/2008only my friends
Me to Last edited on 11/19/2012

Last edited on 11/19/2012

Illinois J­udy1353371675.7271718 PostsRegistered 11/7/2007

Another Fiestaware lover here...I don't buy Temp-tations.

llamamomma1353581933.7877 PostsRegistered 6/4/2010

i LOVE MY TEMPTATIONS However, Make it AMERICAN! I know other Temptationistas like me want to save jobs in America. Please, keep the quality and have a big promotion that you now make in America. I would sincerely appreciate that effort, Tara. There have to be ceramic companies here that would not affect your bottom line.

Libby Cupp, LIma OH I use and give Temptations but will cut back on ordering until you make a change.

gkelly57441353887564.8672256 PostsRegistered 4/22/2010
On 11/19/2012 vijo said:

Wish these were made elsewhere. I won't buy any stoneware made in China. Sorry QVC!

I am sure that QVC & Tara will do okay without your purchase of any Temp-tations! especially when they sell thousands each time any of the TT sets are presented

debc1353888036.3572322 PostsRegistered 10/27/2009
You know they employ hundreds of people through processing, shipping, etc. No problem if you don't like it, don't buy it. Sorry but I'll take it over Fiesta any day. IMO it is ugly, reminds me is 80's melamine.

Cheese with that whine?

shoekitty1353888625.82312195 PostsRegistered 8/10/2006
On 11/25/2012 debc said: You know they employ hundreds of people through processing, shipping, etc. No problem if you don't like it, don't buy it. Sorry but I'll take it over Fiesta any day. IMO it is ugly, reminds me is 80's melamine.

You're kidding, right?

life is a banquet and most poor fools are starving to death!"
Auntie Mame

gkelly57441353910400.842256 PostsRegistered 4/22/2010
On 11/25/2012 debc said: You know they employ hundreds of people through processing, shipping, etc. No problem if you don't like it, don't buy it. Sorry but I'll take it over Fiesta any day. IMO it is ugly, reminds me is 80's melamine.

A few of the posters DO NOT understand what you are saying here. I agree with you and have always said..if you don't like it, don't buy it!

Last edited on 11/26/2012

BurbankKate1353915793.7476188 PostsRegistered 11/18/2007Home of: Disney Studios,W. Bros, Nickelodeon, Cartoon network, media capital of the world
Anchor hocking is made in the USA...

- A government big enough to give you everything you want, is then strong enough to take everything you have.
- Thomas Jefferson

suzyQ31353948132.87724150 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007
On 11/26/2012 BurbankKate said: Anchor hocking is made in the USA...

Yes, it is, and I wouldn't buy it if my life depended upon it, which it just might. CR did an in-depth study of the problems associated with the glass formula now being used by both Pyrex and Anchor Hocking. Many people have been injured by shattered glass, even though they took the recommended precautions.

No glass bakeware EVAR in our house.

"We need science, and we need humanity. Without these we will revisit the Dark Ages"

The fewer the facts, the stronger the opinion -- Arnold H. Glasow

debc1353948802.3172322 PostsRegistered 10/27/2009
On 11/25/2012 shoekitty said:

You're kidding, right?

I wouldn't have said it if I was. Different strokes. My friend has Fiesta in several colors, I tell her they're nice as she loves them. I like the busy patterns of temp-tations, so shoot me! Fiesta is drab IMO and yes I had some melamine dishes that were the same colors so that's what I think of.

As far as my other comment goes, temp-tations has warehouses from which they employ hundreds of Americans, if they went out of business I believe it would make an impact on the places they ship from.

Cheese with that whine?

shoekitty1353985762.14712195 PostsRegistered 8/10/2006
On 11/26/2012 suzyQ3 said:
On 11/26/2012 BurbankKate said: Anchor hocking is made in the USA...

Yes, it is, and I wouldn't buy it if my life depended upon it, which it just might. CR did an in-depth study of the problems associated with the glass formula now being used by both Pyrex and Anchor Hocking. Many people have been injured by shattered glass, even though they took the recommended precautions.

No glass bakeware EVAR in our house.

Hey Suzy

But you use Temptations? I have old AH, and Pyrex, and Corning. All of it is over 25 years old

Auntie Mame

Marienkaef­er1353993026.7275715 PostsRegistered 12/15/2008Beautiful San Juan Islands

Again with the "made in China?"

It's never going to change. This is the way the world is, get used to it.

Times change, life changes, it's a global economy now.

As for jobs in the US, what we need are jobs in new technologies that the rest of the world wants..like alternative energy, etc. THOSE are the jobs that will pay well and keep our economy going. Not making ceramic dishes.

The moral arc of the universe is long, but it bends toward justice.--MLK

BurbankKate1353998191.4436188 PostsRegistered 11/18/2007Home of: Disney Studios,W. Bros, Nickelodeon, Cartoon network, media capital of the world
Spain dumped trillions into green and alternative energy projects...their economy is now on the brink of collapse. Solyndra got a cool 330 million dollars of hard earned taxpayer money...not only did they and 12 other green companies go bankrupt under zero's bungling...but they got caught on camera dumping their solar panels in large garbage dumpsters behind their manufacturing building. At this point, we need real jobs and that includes making kitchenware.

Last edited on 11/27/2012

- A government big enough to give you everything you want, is then strong enough to take everything you have.
- Thomas Jefferson

Lindas1354000228.69210 PostsRegistered 6/16/2007

Nope...forget it....gkelly will never change her mind about Temptations. Many people have tried in different topics but when it comes to this product, she is a die-hard fan of Tara's. Sad to say there are other quality products, but it falls on death ears. The last few years, many have complained, spent so much money on this line of dinner and bakeware, cracked in half while baking. After dealing with the bad quality, some have gotten burnt so bad on Tara's products, but moved on to another brand. I am one of those people, tired of inferior products of Tara's and went back to my safe Corning ware of the 1970's, my fiesta ware, which is classic, not boring, and can be utilized many ways with other dinnerware. Tara's dinnerware is not that versatile and cannot be matched even with the older colors she made 2yrs ago. And yes, AND BE CAREFUL OF THINGS MADE IN CHINA..THEY HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO STANDARDS OR REGULATIONS ON THEIR PRODUCTS...THAT INCLUDING PET FOOD THAT KILLED HOW MANY PETS IN THE USA????? Yep......bury your head in the sand and pretend it doesn't affect you ....yet......it will eventually will in many ways.

gkelly57441354020482.0772256 PostsRegistered 4/22/2010
On 11/26/2012 Marienkaefer said:

Again with the "made in China?"

It's never going to change. This is the way the world is, get used to it.

Times change, life changes, it's a global economy now.

As for jobs in the US, what we need are jobs in new technologies that the rest of the world wants..like alternative energy, etc. THOSE are the jobs that will pay well and keep our economy going. Not making ceramic dishes.

As I've & many others have stated before..if the posters that are screaming about TT being made in China would take a look around their homes, they would see that almost everything or at least parts come from China and assembled in the US. Yes, there are still MIA bake ware & no one is trying to stop anyone from buying them unlike the bashers of TT! seems so strange to me that a few (compared to the thousands being sold) posters and even those that have never bought/used TT are so troubled with us that enjoy the TT line. I mean..it's only bake ware...lol.

Buck-i-Nana1354021544.487362 PostsRegistered 9/26/2007South West Ohio
On 11/27/2012 Lindas said:

Nope...forget it....gkelly will never change her mind about Temptations. Many people have tried in different topics but when it comes to this product,

Why should she, and why do you care? If you don't like it, don't buy it. For the life of me, I can't understand the mindset of folks like you who feel compelled to tell others how to spend their money.

Enjoying my retirement 1 cup of coffee at a time.

NOT invisible anymore, so get over it! I'm not gonna disappear :)

Puppy Lips1354032643.161359 PostsRegistered 11/19/2009
On 11/27/2012 BurbankKate said: Spain dumped trillions into green and alternative energy projects...their economy is now on the brink of collapse. Solyndra got a cool 330 million dollars of hard earned taxpayer money...not only did they and 12 other green companies go bankrupt under zero's bungling...but they got caught on camera dumping their solar panels in large garbage dumpsters behind their manufacturing building. At this point, we need real jobs and that includes making kitchenware.

You are spot on, BurbankKate. "Green" jobs are a joke. We need more manufacturing in the states. The problem is, that if they are union workers, the cost of making Temptations or anything else for that matter, is so much more than items made in China. I suspect the people who complain about products made in China would complain about paying much higher prices for the same item made in the United States.

suzyQ31354037811.23324150 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007

Just a general reply to a few posters, one of whom rarely fails to inject her far-right politics into a thread: I don't agree with your POVs bashing alternative energy sources and the constant scapegoating of unions (I guess some would like to see a working environment here that resembles that of China. Boggles the mind.) But as is par for the course, those with your point of view will use any issue to beat that old drum.

Shoekitty, no, I don't use Temptations. I've never purchased it. I was just informing about the dangers of using current Pyrex and Anchor Hocking. I'm hardly a fearmonger, but I do listen when a reputable source doesn in in-depth study and testing. You can check it out yourself.

I personally use stoneware (Le Creuset, Emile Henry, and some PS), as well as a few porcelain pieces.

"We need science, and we need humanity. Without these we will revisit the Dark Ages"

The fewer the facts, the stronger the opinion -- Arnold H. Glasow

Agent K1354040635.107462 PostsRegistered 9/12/2011Covert
On 11/27/2012 BurbankKate said: Spain dumped trillions into green and alternative energy projects...their economy is now on the brink of collapse. Solyndra got a cool 330 million dollars of hard earned taxpayer money...not only did they and 12 other green companies go bankrupt under zero's bungling...but they got caught on camera dumping their solar panels in large garbage dumpsters behind their manufacturing building. At this point, we need real jobs and that includes making kitchenware.
Well-said.

'Gamera wa tomodachi no kodomo da yo!'

shoekitty1354043350.50312195 PostsRegistered 8/10/2006
On 11/27/2012 suzyQ3 said:

Just a general reply to a few posters, one of whom rarely fails to inject her far-right politics into a thread: I don't agree with your POVs bashing alternative energy sources and the constant scapegoating of unions (I guess some would like to see a working environment here that resembles that of China. Boggles the mind.) But as is par for the course, those with your point of view will use any issue to beat that old drum.

Shoekitty, no, I don't use Temptations. I've never purchased it. I was just informing about the dangers of using current Pyrex and Anchor Hocking. I'm hardly a fearmonger, but I do listen when a reputable source doesn in in-depth study and testing. You can check it out yourself.

I personally use stoneware (Le Creuset, Emile Henry, and some PS), as well as a few porcelain pieces.

I didn't think you did. Thanks for answering. I would never buy the stuff myself. I wouldn't want to cook in questionable bakeware that my grandkids would eat out of. But, to each their own. I enjoy LC myself, and have a few key pieces that serve me well. IMO sometimes Temptations can be so busy you can't see the food. JMHO

Auntie Mame

MsViking1354046054.0385 PostsRegistered 2/2/2012Las Vegas
On 11/27/2012 Lindas said:

. And yes, AND BE CAREFUL OF THINGS MADE IN CHINA..THEY HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO STANDARDS OR REGULATIONS ON THEIR PRODUCTS...THAT INCLUDING PET FOOD THAT KILLED HOW MANY PETS IN THE USA????? Yep......bury your head in the sand and pretend it doesn't affect you ....yet......it will eventually will in many ways.

This is exactly why you should not buy from China. It's not a job's issue for me, that is unavoidable, rather it's because they do not, I repeat... DO NOT care about our regulations and rules. Do you recall not long ago the toys that were finally discovered to have unsafe levels of lead in them? All from China, and they were not caught earlier even though our standards do not allow those paints to be used because customs only catches a very small amount of problems like this. Stoneware is not all made equal and the stoneware being used for temptations is porous and cheap and does not stand up to use like it should. Not to mention if in fact they cut corners and use paint that has lead or cadmium in it, it can and will slowly seep into your food.

I use other stoneware myself and never glass anymore. I had a pyrex dish explode in my oven a decade back, ugh what a mess. I also had 2 pets die from the tained food. No more China made stuff.

It is silly to think that you should only buy in American though, the fact is many countries make wonderful, high quality products but China has consistently been known to cut corners and create safety hazzards that are very real. You cannot solve the world's problem by avoiding things made in China but you can be diligent in what you buy and research a little, listen to other consumers and take everything into consideration before you buy.

“Not all those who wander are lost.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien

MsViking1354046250.15785 PostsRegistered 2/2/2012Las Vegas
On 11/27/2012 gkelly5744 said:
. I mean..it's only bake ware...lol.Last edited on 11/27/2012

Enjoy the line if you like but to say it's only bakeware and pass it off like we are talking about placemats is ridiculous. Bakeware should be given much more consideration when much of what you feed your family comes out of those dishes. Just because they are glazed does not mean that things are not leaching into your food. It's much, much more than just bakeware.

“Not all those who wander are lost.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien

hulagirl1354046371.1976788 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 11/22/2012 llamamomma said:

i LOVE MY TEMPTATIONS However, Make it AMERICAN! I know other Temptationistas like me want to save jobs in America. Please, keep the quality and have a big promotion that you now make in America. I would sincerely appreciate that effort, Tara. There have to be ceramic companies here that would not affect your bottom line.

Libby Cupp, LIma OH I use and give Temptations but will cut back on ordering until you make a change.

I hope you're prepared to pay double (at least) if they do start making it in the U.S.

Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 4 Next