Weekend Preview
18 Members and 8983 Guests Online

Temp-tations

New "Cookie Sheets"

Started 1346888390.447 in Temp-tations | Last reply 1346952299.463 by capatosta
replies

Watching Temptations show now. Just did a quick preview of the "new" cookie sheet. Looks just like the "lid it" that comes with other sets. First time I used my lid-it in the oven for stuffed mushrooms (it was not in the fridge before it went into the oven), it cracked right down the middle, from handle to handle. I called Temptations and they did replace it, charging me $9.98 for the s&h.

Page 1 of 1
capatosta1346890986.541833 PostsRegistered 8/19/2010

Wow, Gardenstate Gal, you just answered a question I was going to ask. I was wondering how practical a ceramic cookie sheet would be. I am a little rough with my kitchen tools, so I don't think I better try that particular piece. Do your Temp-tation pieces chip easily?

mominohio1346891732.453325 PostsRegistered 8/8/2010

You are so right, these are simply the same as the lid-it for the 9x13 baker, and lots of folks have been requesting them to be sold on their own. I have four of them and have used them in the oven as a cookie sheet, but one cracked, so I won't do that any more. Mostly use them as a cover or for serving. Wish these products were better made, they don't last as long as they should.

These sold out before the show was finished. I don't understand why QVC boasts how many million homes they are in, but only bring a few thousand of a product that they know is requested and will be popular. Seems they are trying to frustrate their customers.

cookie161346892632.41359 PostsRegistered 2/21/2012

I don't understand the cracking of these lid-its. Mine have been baked on, used to broil fish on and of course served on. I would like these but where is the yellow????

GardenStat­eGal1346895833.9715 PostsRegistered 6/14/2010

Reply to Capatosta - Definitely would not recommend if you are rough with your kitchen tools. I am careful and try not to bang my Temptations around and so far, no chipping. For baking cookie sheets that don't buckle and provide even heat distribution, try to locate the commercial grade type as they are much sturdier than the type you can get in your typical box store. May cost a bit more, but you'll be paying for a quality kitchen item like a bakery or restaurant would use.

Reply to cookie16 - Guess you have been fortunate with your lid-its used for baking. Seems it may be a "hit or miss" issue like many of the other posters state about the quality, painting, etc.

capatosta1346952299.461833 PostsRegistered 8/19/2010

Thanks Gardenstate Gal.....for the info. Commercial grade is what would work for me. I tend to move quickly when I busy cooking for a crowd, and that's when chips and dings happen!{#emotions_dlg.crying}

I don't understand if your cookie sheet cracked during normal use, why you should have had to pay for shipping. It seems to me the warranty should be better than that. The pieces are attractive, but I think I will keep looking for something sturdier as you suggested.

Page 1 of 1