New Contributor

color question about tarte amazonian clay full coverage foundation

I want to try this foundation but am on the fence between light and light medium. Anyone use these colors and how much of a difference is between the two? Is it at all forgiving? I'm one of those who don't bother to return things because having to pay return shipping breaks my heart so I have to get it right the first time.
Trusted Contributor

Re: color question about tarte amazonian clay full coverage foundation

Other sites and stores such as Sephora and Ulta have the entire selection which is 25 shades. There is light neutral, light warm and light cool for example. For a perfect match, why don't you try on the shades in a store? Since it is full matte coverage, you really should try for a perfect match as it won't be forgiving. HTH!

Contributor

I'm also interested, I'm sure at Ulta, Sephora no brush comes with!

Trusted Contributor

On 2/16/2015 lindelou said:

This is true, but you can get a more exact match!

Super Contributor

I would go to sephora or Ulta and get matched, then you can come back here and see what shade they offer. Since they don't specify what skin tone here, you'll have to ask customer service and see if they can tell you which actual shade they sell here.

Super Contributor

Personally I'm not a huge fan of that big brush that comes with the Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation, it's so big and kind of hard to use to me. I prefer a different brush, or to just use my fingers.

Trusted Contributor

Without actually testing a foundation on your face, there is no way to tell what shade matches your skin tone. I have found that Tarte foundations run towards orange.

If you are interested in learning more about choosing a foundation and getting a good match, Lisa Eldridge has a fantastic series of videos on the subject. Start here:

http://www.lisaeldridge.com/video/25667/how-to-shop-for-the-perfect-foundation/#.VOUY6PnF_To

Honored Contributor

On 2/16/2015 turtle52 said:
On 2/16/2015 lindelou said:

This is true, but you can get a more exact match!

You can also go swatch it, get a sample, and then buy it on QVC to get the brush if QVC has a match. I've done that before. I spend enough at Sephora and Ulta that I don't feel bad about that at all.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/18/2015 pas4116 said:

Without actually testing a foundation on your face, there is no way to tell what shade matches your skin tone. I have found that Tarte foundations run towards orange.

If you are interested in learning more about choosing a foundation and getting a good match, Lisa Eldridge has a fantastic series of videos on the subject. Start here:

http://www.lisaeldridge.com/video/25667/how-to-shop-for-the-perfect-foundation/#.VOUY6PnF_To

With the addition of MANY new shades--25 in all--you can find colors that aren't orange or yellow as there are now many neutrals.

Super Contributor

On 2/18/2015 ginabfly said:

Personally I'm not a huge fan of that big brush that comes with the Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation, it's so big and kind of hard to use to me. I prefer a different brush, or to just use my fingers.

I agree, the brush is overrated and not at all easy to use. I have 2 that came in A-D kits (when I previously wore the foundation) but they are collecting dust because I never use them.

IMO, they are too "fat" to even hold comfortably in my hand, much less to try expertly applying makeup to every nook and cranny of your face. (I'll admit I have "munchkin hands", lol!)