Contributor

does anyone know if they test on animals????

Contributor

Just answered my own question by googling ...they don't have a Leaping Bunny certification so i will have to pass on a purchase....

Honored Contributor

Next time, it might be helpful to say who "they" are.

Honored Contributor

When Maureen founded Tarte it was cruelty free.

However the Japanese cosmetics company that she sold Tarte to (I believe it was last year or in 2013) is not which is why I will never buy that brand again.

-------------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

I should probably know this, but I don't. How do companies that don't test on animals do their testing?

Esteemed Contributor

I try to use cosmetics products which were not tested on animals, but in the world of cosmetics animal testing can be a tricky thing. A company which brings the product to retail may not animal test in their own facilities, but it takes more than one company to get a product from concept to package. Other businesses in addition to the one on the package are involved. Hopefully, most are diligent and do their homework about who they are partnering with, but some of those companies with leaping bunnies cannot be 100% certain that there hasn't been some animal testing by those outside sources.

Contributor
On 2/13/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:

since it was listed under the Tarte category?????????

Honored Contributor
On 2/13/2015 Dumac said:
On 2/13/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:

since it was listed under the Tarte category?????????

When it goes to the main index, it's not as obvious.

Super Contributor

China does animal testing on all products sold in China. The company itself does not do the testing, the country of China does the testing.

So, ANY company that sells its products in China has to have the products animal tested to sell in that country.

Since China is a huge market, it is very hard for companies to say "no, I will not sell in China". Money usually speaks louder than ethics.

Honored Contributor

Tarte is cruelty free and has the PETA symbol. The parent company who owns it now is not cruelty free.