Frequent Contributor

Tarte AC blush in the NEW shade Celebrated

Hi, has tried this new blush shade Celebrated? It's described as a pink nude and looks/sounds very similar to my favorite shade Honored (which was a small limited edition shade). If anyone has tried both, can you please give me your opinion? My Honored shade was perfect for me...and it's just about gone! {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Thanks ladies!

Contributor

Re: Tarte AC blush in the NEW shade Celebrated

I haven't tried "celebrated" or "honored" but I just looked at google images of "honored" and it reminds me a lot of my HG Tarte AC blush: "exposed".

In the pan "exposed" looks to me to be a nude, but on my skin (swatched on the arm and when worn blended out on the cheeks) it is more pink, in fact for me it's the perfect pinky nude.

I know that doesn't answer your question, but perhaps you could try "exposed" on your next trip to Sephora or Ulta and see what you think.

Either way, I hope you find your perfect dupe for "honored". Discontinued/limited edition items can be frustrating!

Frequent Contributor

Thank you girl2010, I appreciate your response. Exposed is another shade I've wanted to try! Maybe I'll get both! Lol
Respected Contributor

I purchased and returned Celebrated. I love and have a ton of the AC blushes. This one was so very light, it resembled a face powder shade. I could barely see it no matter how much I applied, and I am very light. If you are Casper-color, you might like the pay-off.

Super Contributor

I also purchased and returned Celebrated. It was so light it did look like face powder to me too. Very very light. It did not show up on my skin at all. An odd color for a blush. I guess if you want something very very light almost skin color it would work. I am one notch above fairest of the fair and it was too light for me.

Frequent Contributor

I purchased Celebrated and I'm liking it for natural days. It is very light. I'm a light medium skintone to medium in the summer and this is very light on me. On the plus side, you can't over apply it. I use an it cosmetics blush brush and it applies this nicely. I do build it up to get full nude color. Also, it goes with everything as far as color. Pink lips, coral, lips, peachy nude all work. It's a true neutral. If you are light to pale, you will love it.
Super Contributor

Most tarte AC blushes have a lot of color(the good kind). I bought celebrated and I wear fair and it looks very natural on me but as soon as I swatched it, I figured people with darker skin tones looking for some color might not be thrilled with this one. It's great for me, very natural but I can see how it wouldn't work for a lot of people.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you all for your opinions on this blush. I did actually get a chance to swatch this at Macy's and wasn't wowed enough to buy it.