Contributor
I received the preorder of the TSV. I love the colors and the variety. I was looking at the ingredients list and just about everything was made in China. As we all know there can be controversy on items from China. Any knowledge on makeup coming from China? Thanks!
Respected Contributor

I personally try to stay away from ""Made in China"".

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Super Contributor

I sent mine back, I just was not impressed with any of the items, sadly.

Respected Contributor
Ugh! I need to look closely at that. I have loved the Tarte mascara, but need to look closer.
If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Valued Contributor

I love the shadows, and the blushes, but I'm not impressed with the liners or the lipsurgence or gloss. The colors just aren't great on those imo. I don't know if I'll keep my AD or skip it, I'm going to wait and see what the colors look like. I skipped the one from last year in the spring and later regretted it.

Super Contributor

Disappointed. I have had this collection for a couple of days now and I am just amazed at the number of 5 star reviews on it! Of course it is beautifully presented but the quality is just not there.

Eye shadows: Colors are OK but they are chalky and it is difficult to even pick up product with a brush. They apply dry and are not very pigmented. If you swatch them with your finger you will get color but try to imagine applying chalk to your eyelids and you will get the idea of what this eyeshadow is like.

Eyeliners: Did anyone try these before reviewing them? They smudge terribly. Liner was already smudging under my eyes from my upper lids before I finished applying my makeup! I tried them on my hand before applying on my eyes and saw they were going to smear easily so I tried smudging the line to prevent transfer but to no avail. These were cheap throw away products. Why bother to even include such a useless item? You can't even get out the door with this liner on your eyes!

Lip products: The colors seem off. One is a very bright color that I cannot even classify. The other is a brownish rose? They do have a peppermint scent which is quite strong. Not long lasting at all. Lip gloss feels OK. The consistency of the gloss is fine but is gone in minutes just like the other lip products.

Blush: The blush is unimpressive. I had heard this was supposed to be a long lasting blush but I don't find it to be so. I have some other really beautiful blush products that these do not measure up to. Even below drug store quality. Most matte blushes have a nice low sheen to them but these are just dull.

Mascara: I have tried this mascara before. It is alright. I don't particularly like the brush and the formula just is not impressive. I can't say anything is particularly wrong with it but it is just not high end quality. Average. I use both expensive and drug store mascaras and can tell you that you can buy this quality and better for much less in the drug store.

This is a huge disappointment for me. I really feel deceived and foolish for falling for the hype. I did not purchase any of the other holiday palettes that are out this year because I thought this would be a great buy but instead it is a total miss. I'm so glad I didn't give any of it as gifts! Again, I am mystified at the number of 5 star reviews. If you look at the packaging and number of products it does seem to be a wonderful collection but the quality is very poor. Now seeing that much of this was made in China I guess that explains a lot about the quality and the price point.

I have seen reviews of this collection on websites and somehow the reports were not so glowing as what you find here. The last time I purchased a holiday collection from QVC was a number of years ago when SmashBox was still big here. It was also a beautiful to behold collection that was poor quality. Much lower quality than what SB used to offer and also made in China. I guess I have learned my lesson for good this time. I hate to spend the money to send this back but why keep products that look pretty but are basically not wearable?

Contributor

For anyone who do not like the kit my motto is this send it back and pay the 6.95 rather than pay the full price and keep a kit that will not be used. I will play around with the kit again next week for a full week and make my decision. I'm glad we have until 1/2015 to send items back. I'm just like another poster who said the Spring AD this past year was better than the fall one last year.

The liners are worthless I just used them to do my upper lashes not the bottom at all.

I do like the upcoming BM TSV better and I been using that a lot.

Contributor
On 11/21/2014 Ms Virgo said:

For anyone who do not like the kit my motto is this send it back and pay the 6.95 rather than pay the full price and keep a kit that will not be used. I will play around with the kit again next week for a full week and make my decision. I'm glad we have until 1/2015 to send items back. I'm just like another poster who said the Spring AD this past year was better than the fall one last year.

The liners are worthless I just used them to do my upper lashes not the bottom at all.

I do like the upcoming BM TSV better and I been using that a lot.

Well I pack mines up this morning the lip colors a No go, liners are worthless, the blush colors are a No go, and the shadows quality, pigmentation, and color range is MEH/BLAH. Matter of fact I purchase the holiday blush palette clutch from sephora and the colors are wonderful and the pigmentation in the blush. I spoke to fast when I wrote an review on this TSV I wish I could change it.
Super Contributor
Wow, this was my first time trying Tarte and I *love* this kit. I have fair skin and dark hair, so the brighter lip colors are perfect for me. Those and the shadows are my favorite. I use Bobbi Brown's cream eyeshadow in Bone as a base and the colors show up beautifully and last. The only dud for me was the eyeliners. But I was so impressed by this kit that I went to Sephora and picked up a Skinny Smoldereyes in Moonlight Brown -gorgeous. I love this kit so much that I changed to auto delivery. I normally wear Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier.