Super Contributor

I am loving this stuff to wear now and then when I feel like it. I'm not a huge makeup person. But this stuff stays on for me even after working out at the gym. I'm so glad I went on AD.

Anybody else had some good experiences with it?

Super Contributor

I like it as well. The light shade on the Q is geared more for pink undertones, but I've found it still looks good on me despite having yellow/olive undertones. The first time I used it I couldn't figure out what looked different about it though! Perhaps it tones down the sallowness that can come with my complexion, though I do put a light dusting of bronzer on over my foundation. I've received compliments on my complexion wearing it, which is always nice! I think Tarte has so many foundations, this one may be more of a sleeper hit. I find myself reaching for it before a mineral one I use and It's Celebration Foundation when the day is hot, which is common in the Sacramento areas! I'll definitely order again, though most likely in light neutral from their website.

Super Contributor
On 9/17/2014 Katmary said:

I like it as well. The light shade on the Q is geared more for pink undertones, but I've found it still looks good on me despite having yellow/olive undertones. The first time I used it I couldn't figure out what looked different about it though! Perhaps it tones down the sallowness that can come with my complexion, though I do put a light dusting of bronzer on over my foundation. I've received compliments on my complexion wearing it, which is always nice! I think Tarte has so many foundations, this one may be more of a sleeper hit. I find myself reaching for it before a mineral one I use and It's Celebration Foundation when the day is hot, which is common in the Sacramento areas! I'll definitely order again, though most likely in light neutral from their website.

I hear you. A sleeper for sure. I had no idea. I think its those Gemstones. It adds a certain something to the way it looks on your skin. Not glittery yet dimensional.
Its the first time in years I've felt comfortable in a foundation. I'm done with Liquid. I may experiment with more Tarte products.

Honored Contributor

Yes I love Tarte's Powder Foundation, it lasts and it looks very natural on.....I have used it on and off for a while.I like to experiment!!!!!!!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Trusted Contributor
Love it. I bought a trio with the powder, brush and bronzer that came in the same little package for around $42 when it was a OTO. I'd had a couple of glasses of wine when I'd placed the order, so was a lottle worried id jumped the gun the next day lol. But when it arrived, it became one of my favorite powders. I find that I can "over apply it" and it never becomes cakey. It is the powder I take when I travel because I can put on moisturizer, apply as much as the powder as I need depending on my coverage needs and look good. Other powders aren't as forgiving for me. I have a lot of makeup in my rotation, so when this eventually runs out, I will repurchase, but it may take a while as I have a lot of powder foundations.
Trusted Contributor

I like this foundation a lot too. I got a different color at Sephora that matches my skin better. The appearance is much better than BE, and it covers very well. Love the container as well. Recently Origins and BE cam out with powders in the same container. I guess they all buy from the same company.

Esteemed Contributor
I absolutly love it, too. I think it's the best mineral powder makeup on the market!
Super Contributor

I LOVE that container for travel. I'm kind of a Convert. If this becomes not available ever I'll have to go back to be original powder foundation. But I prefer this so much more.

Super Contributor

CAShopper, there was a trio with two of the powder foundations plus brush for a while, perhaps they'll bring that back (one can hope!). It was on my wish list for quite some time, but I ended up missing it. I wish I'd seen the OTO, that's a great deal! I'd love for this powder to be in a TSV kit, especially prior to Spring.

Pas, I'm curious how the other "undertones" would look on me. I almost went with Light/Medium, but figured if Light was too light, I could add bronzer or a dusting of another powder. It's more difficult to lighten a foundation! I had no idea Light was pink-toned, but had chosen to order from Q to get the brush as well. I'll likely do the same when I re-stock and go elsewhere. With BE, I became itchy when hot, plus had to mix a few foundation colors to get the right match. When I moved to the Sacramento area where the summers are pretty hot, I knew I needed to change foundations, plus my skin was on the drier side and I needed to switch. This one definitely looks better on me than BE, plus doesn't sweat off like liquid foundations.

Trusted Contributor
On 9/18/2014 Katmary said:

CAShopper, there was a trio with two of the powder foundations plus brush for a while, perhaps they'll bring that back (one can hope!). It was on my wish list for quite some time, but I ended up missing it. I wish I'd seen the OTO, that's a great deal! I'd love for this powder to be in a TSV kit, especially prior to Spring.

Pas, I'm curious how the other "undertones" would look on me. I almost went with Light/Medium, but figured if Light was too light, I could add bronzer or a dusting of another powder. It's more difficult to lighten a foundation! I had no idea Light was pink-toned, but had chosen to order from Q to get the brush as well. I'll likely do the same when I re-stock and go elsewhere. With BE, I became itchy when hot, plus had to mix a few foundation colors to get the right match. When I moved to the Sacramento area where the summers are pretty hot, I knew I needed to change foundations, plus my skin was on the drier side and I needed to switch. This one definitely looks better on me than BE, plus doesn't sweat off like liquid foundations.

. I just looked at it was July....2013! But yes, it was a great price for a OTO at $42.14 (A239887). I never, ever catch good OTO. I used to hear about them enviously, so was thrilled to catch this one when it aired Smiley Happy I like the bronzer too. When I got the set, the light/medium was a tad light in me, so having a nice bronzer in that trio was great. A year later and I'm still happy with that purchase.