Trusted Contributor

New Tarte Eye Solutions Palette

I'm curious what others think about the colors in this palette. The colors on the left are dark brown for the lid, grey for the crease and white for the brow. It's more common to use a lighter color on the lid and slightly darker in the crease.

The colors on the right also seem a bit unusual - medium brown for the lid, dark brown crease and glitter pink for the brow.

Are these combinations you would wear? I'm not so sure they would look good on me.

Honored Contributor

Re: New Tarte Eye Solutions Palette

I agree--I thought they were odd and they were nothing I would wear. I have blonde hair and green/yellow eyes and they seem to dark for me. Old fashioned sort of eye coloring.

Valued Contributor

I ordered it. I thought it was a pretty palette. Not sure that it is anything different. As you look at the palette, the right side reminded me of a Wet N Wild palette. Walking on Eggshells maybe. I was disappointed that there was not explaniation of the whole palette. I didn't really hear them talk about the white/grey/dark grey side at all. I also wish they had showed swatches and talked about each as to whether they were matte or shimmer. I guess I will see when it arrives.

Trusted Contributor

On 7/3/2014 smileshannon said:

I ordered it. I thought it was a pretty palette. Not sure that it is anything different. As you look at the palette, the right side reminded me of a Wet N Wild palette. Walking on Eggshells maybe. I was disappointed that there was not explaniation of the whole palette. I didn't really hear them talk about the white/grey/dark grey side at all. I also wish they had showed swatches and talked about each as to whether they were matte or shimmer. I guess I will see when it arrives.

It also reminded me of the same WnW palette. I spent $36 on a tarte eyeshadow palette a few months ago, and the colors didn't work out for me so I am reluctant to order more. Anyway, these colors weren't for me -- too dark.

Respected Contributor

I steer clear of browns, taupes, greens with olive skin.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Trusted Contributor

On 7/3/2014 smileshannon said:

I think that Joy used this side in the demo, but it did not look like she put grey in the crease. The dark brown looked matte. Hope you'll post your review when you get it!