Trusted Contributor

I've never tried the Lipsurgence from Tarte. I was wondering after seeing the item presented today A256664 if those who have used the product find it a good lip product.

I like the colors in this kit. However, I am wondering if it is emollient and keeps the lips moisturized. Also, do you have to use a sharpener on the item?

I appreciate any opinions other tarte users have to share.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

I tried these when they first came out and for me they were drying. I much prefer Clinique and Lipstick Queen chubby pencils or Revlon's balm stain. Hopefully you'll get some more opinions.

Oh, and no sharpener needed for lipsurgence.

Super Contributor

I had it in couple of kits I purchased from here at the Q. They were very drying on me; tossed them immediately after tried them on. A lot of the ladies like them, though.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks ladies. I appreciate the feedback. A lot of reviews talk about it being so drying. I don't think it's worth getting.

BTW, Tucsongal, I'm from Phx. Hate the 100 degree temps already. Cool

Trusted Contributor

Beautypedia rates all the Tarte Lipsurgences poor because they contain irritants.

Regular Contributor

Yes, very drying and they burn my lips.

Esteemed Contributor

I got matte lip surgence in the color Exposed and I love it.

Respected Contributor
On 5/17/2014 MJ FAN 4 EVER said:

Thanks ladies. I appreciate the feedback. A lot of reviews talk about it being so drying. I don't think it's worth getting.

BTW, Tucsongal, I'm from Phx. Hate the 100 degree temps already. Cool

At the risk of sounding catty, I tell myself that however hot it is here, it's always hotter in Phoenix {#emotions_dlg.devil2}. Just remember the fabulous winter and spring we've had!

Contributor

I haven't tried every formula myself.

I don't find them any more drying than regular lipstick.

I use them in place of lipstick, since I don't really like traditional lipstick. But, with that said, I am really a gloss girl, so I don't use them often.

I will add that the shimmery version I had, leaves glitter specks on my lips when the color is worn off. I detest glitter on my face, so I gave it away.

My favorite is the gloss version. (but, I am a gloss girl). I don't care that they need sharpened, and I like the color payoff.

Respected Contributor

I have about 5 of them....different formulas. I love them all except the "sparkly" one I got in a kit. The matte ones are great....I add a gloss to the top. I think the matte one is the "stain" formula. It doesn't leave a dark stain on my lips but has great staying power. I basically like them all.

The ones that I have are a "dial up" tip....they do not need to be sharpened.

HTH.

PS.....I would get it....you can always return them if you don't like them....but, I don't think that you will need to.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy