Super Contributor

Amazonian clay full coverage foundation

Just received today and tried it. Am I doing something wrong as it feels like a clay mask and itches. Does anyone else feel the same way?
Super Contributor

Re: Amazonian clay full coverage foundation

What are you using to apply it?

I find that I get better lighter coverage with a sponge rather than a brush.

I haven't had a problem with it itching.

Michele

Super Contributor

I am using the brush. Should I put this on after my moisturizer? And regular makeup?
Super Contributor

Thank you theatrebiz for responding.
Honored Contributor

gem lover, I tried the foundation a couple weeks ago. While I did not have any itching, it was just too heavy for me. I do like good coverage, but it did feel mask-like on my skin.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

Gem lover, I use a serum and either the garner 5 second blur or BE primer and then apply the foundation. I use the equivalent of two to three drops and apply with a sponge, which I seem to be able to apply lighter than with a brush. I had replied to your other post about the tarte BB, if you are interested. Michele
Super Contributor

I moisturize then apply a cheap Maybelline primer. Then, I apply the makeup with a smaller makeup brush. (I hate that big honking one that comes with it) Anyway, I have never had it feel itchy, or feel tight or mask like at all. Don't even know I have it on, and love the coverage. I am about to start my third tube of it.

Frequent Contributor

A little goes a long way. I draw the outline of a circle about the size of a penny onto the top of the brush. Then I dab it on my cheeks, forehead, and chin. Then I rub it in in circular motion over my whole face. Never heavy or itchy at all. Use less.

Trusted Contributor

I happened to flip through the channels when they were demo-ing this product on a show last night, and I swear the model's face looked green with this foundation on!! The color was amazingly "off", and her face looked stiff and mask-like. Really awful.

Trusted Contributor

I use this foundation and like it very much. If you are itchy from it, you are probably having an allergic reaction to one or more of the ingredients. Probably best to return it.

I used BE for years and find the Tarte has a better finish and does not accentuate fine lines. Sephora carries more colors and would suggest trying it in person to get the right shade. A lot of Tarte's products have an orange tinge. There are foundation shades that don't