Frequent Contributor

Question for all you self tanners..... (Phew)

I'm seriously thinking about getting the upcoming Tarte TSV. I went by Ulta today and tried two products - the self tanner and some Tarte colored waterproof lotion Bronzer that you put on and it doesn't rub off or wash off. The self tanner didn't smell at all, even after time. I've used BE Faux Tanner, St. Tropez and Tan Towels. I like them all but HATE the smell. For all you Tarte faux tan users, does it really not smell? Do you like it? Over time does it ever smell? That is the one thing that keeps me from using all these products I've accumulated. And I don't want to buy yet another self tanner that I don't use. (Oh and the Tarte Bronzer lotion is great! I may decide to go that route to get rid of these Snow White winter legs.
Super Contributor

Re: Question for all you self tanners..... (Phew)

There really isn't a smell, even after time! I've had it on since this morning and will wash it off tomorrow morning and it still won't smell!

I also have the BE self-tanner (and several others) and even that one smells after about 4-6 hours. I like the color I get from the Tarte tanner better too, it's very true to the color I tan naturally. It glides on and sinks in quickly, and the "guide" color also looks super duper! Very natural!

I've wanted to try that Rainforest bronzer but just can't wrap my head around it really being waterproof! Can it really do that!? I know others love it so I'll have to give it a try sometime.

Frequent Contributor

I don't think that the Tarte self-tanner smells at all. I used to use the BE self-tanner and the smell was awful. I would put it on at night and then shower in the morning. I swear that I slept horribly all night long from that smell! I stopped using it and tried the Tarte and Tarte is so much better! It doesn't smell and it has a great color.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you guys. I decided to buy the TSV based on your answers. Daisypap, I laughed at your story because when I use St. Tropez, I can barely sleep for the smell and I wrap myself in an old sheet like a mummy so the smell doesn't get on my bedding. I love the ease and look of a self tan so if this stuff really doesn't smell then I'm sold!