Occasional Contributor

Self Tanner Shelf Life (Tarte Maracuja - Brazilliance)?

I have two unopened Tarte Brazilliance self tanners. I bought them from QVC last summer. Should I trash them or can I use them?

Any information would be much appreciated!

Occasional Contributor

Re: Self Tanner Shelf Life (Tarte Maracuja - Brazilliance)?

I believe they are still good. I'm finishing a tube I bought last year and I've not had any problems. No change in smell or color.

Occasional Contributor

On 4/26/2014 allthatsparkles said:

I believe they are still good. I'm finishing a tube I bought last year and I've not had any problems. No change in smell or color.

Thanks. I've never used this type of product. Have read so many mixed reviews of how to apply. When you use, do you exfoliate and only moisturize ankles and elbows? Again, any tips would be great!

Frequent Contributor

I usually use Jergens self tanning lotion or LOreal self tanners immediately after my showers all summer long and they give me a great, natural looking tan. They are far cheaper too. But i watched the demo of the Tarte one today and I am not sure if I should try this one. Can any if you give me your opinion on this. Thanks so much.
Frequent Contributor

On 4/26/2014 Lotus said:
On 4/26/2014 allthatsparkles said:

Thanks. I've never used this type of product. Have read so many mixed reviews of how to apply. When you use, do you exfoliate and only moisturize ankles and elbows? Again, any tips would be great!

I usually apply my Jergens medium to tan moisturizer immediately after a shower. I do not have to worry about my elbows or knees because the color goes on so gradually everyday. None of my friends at my town pool realizes it is a self tanner it looks so natural. I just picked up two tubes yesterday from my local Harmon's and started last night to get a head start for Memorial Day. Because it goes on as a light cream I do not get streaks or spots that have to be exfoliated.