Honored Contributor

Tarte sold for $135 million to Kose. Wonder what will happen to the line now?++

Things always change...

Valued Contributor

Re: Tarte sold for $135 million to Kose. Wonder what will happen to the line now?++

Interesting news. There are of course articles if you Google. If I read correctly, Kose is a Japanese company. I like many of the Tarte products and hope things don't change too much. Thanks for posting!

Contributor

Re: Tarte sold for $135 million to Kose. Wonder what will happen to the line now?++

Sad, because Kose is not cruetly free and does animal-testing. On Facebook, Tarte released a comment and they stated they will remain cruelty free. However, because Kose is the owner company, they will receive part of the profit. Thus, supporting animal-testing. Sad Shame.

Occasional Contributor

I am very worried. We all know what happened when COTY purchased Philosophy! I also think Japan has different rules around testing on animals.

Contributor

Sad news. No doubt the line will change and perhaps not for the better. BE, Philosophy, etc. have all been bought and have lost their way. Sigh.......well maybe there is an up side. I will save $$$$.Smile

Occasional Contributor

People are going nuts on tarte fb..even Maureen replied. Seems she will still sit as ceo. I love tarte I hope won't change. Just got my last set from last yr tvs...love it.
Trusted Contributor

On 3/18/2014 chief0401 said:

Sad, because Kose is not cruetly free and does animal-testing. On Facebook, Tarte released a comment and they stated they will remain cruelty free. However, because Kose is the owner company, they will receive part of the profit. Thus, supporting animal-testing. Sad Shame.

agreed. I will no longer buy from them

Super Contributor

On 3/17/2014 sahmIam said:

Things always change...

Unfortunately things always do change and not always for the better for the consumer.

Frequent Contributor

I'm very disappointed that she sold to a company that tests on animals. Just when I found a line I like this happens I have cancelled my autoship.

Contributor

On 3/28/2014 patf said:

I'm very disappointed that she sold to a company that tests on animals. Just when I found a line I like this happens I have cancelled my autoship.

Truly disappointing, Shame that Tarte no longer Cruelty-free brand, The very reason I have to let it go, Despite of the fact that Lipsurgences & AC Foundations were my HG, although never found a must have tsv Autoship or others that I like as much so far! I guess I have to stick with my other absolute Favorites bite beauty, zuzu luxe & Bareminerals, Josie maran, RMS, W3ll people, Vapour organic beauty n few others..

(BTW, Just wanted to share another excellent find yes to carrots cc cream, that i tried recently in light-medium (tan in tarte), works wonders with light coverage and budget-friendly price-available for a little over 10 bucks from amazon) My 1st & The only cc cream i will ever use, apart from Rachel K cc pressed powder compact.

Thanks so much for sharing this important news!