Not applicable

Why does my tarte foundation turn me orange?

I have the amazonian 12hr full coverage foundation in both fair and light and they both make me look orange. Should i try the medium-light ? I love this foundation, it stays on even when swimming. I noticed the tarte site has more colors. Thanks
Super Contributor

Re: Why does my tarte foundation turn me orange?

Lovin, I'm sorry you never got any answers to your question.

When I had a similar problem, but with another foundation, it seemed to happen because my skin was too oily. I wasn't using the proper skin care nor a mattifier. Now I also use a setting powder and a spray. All the products are meant to control oil. Whereas my MU would melt and turn orangey after a few hours, now I can go 18 hours (election day duties).

I don't know if that helps at all. Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Are you warm or cool toned? I have found that the Tarte foundation colors too warm for me...all shades. I find that some very warm foundation colors look orangey on me.

Trusted Contributor

I've found the same thing with Tarte liquid foundations. I do like their powder foundation. Sephora has all the shades, and it's always best to try out the shades before purchasing. Tarte's amazonian clay concealer in light is my go to - this one's not orange at all.

Super Contributor

I don't have that problem with the liquid, but I do with the powder - very orangey on me.

Honored Contributor

Its sounds like you are cool. (Pink) You can try Tarte's colors until the cows come home, but I'm afraid you will have the same problem. If you can't try their shades in a store, find a line like Bare Escentuals or Loreal (drugstore) that divides their colors into warm, cool, and neutral.

Trusted Contributor

Interesting that you posted this today. I noticed last night that their model on the TV presentation looked positively GREEN with that stuff on! She was with the host and their rep, who looked "normal colored", but the model's face was ghastly green -- not to mention stiff and mask-like. It was really pretty awful. Couldn't believe they kept the camera on her.