New Contributor

Does the Maracuja Oil Expire?

Hi there! I'm new to Tarte cosmetics (better late than never... LOL! {#emotions_dlg.blushing}) I've been hearing really good things about the Maracuja Oil and am tempted to buy the deluxe size 3.4 oz bottle. I was wondering if it would go bad/rancid if not used during a certain amount of time. If anyone has answered this question before in another thread, I'm sorry, but I didn't find anyone who mentioned it.

I'm afraid to purchase the big bottle and have to toss it out if it's not used by an expiration date, if any.

Thank you in advance for answering the question.

This cosmetics line is AWESOME!!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

Re: Does the Maracuja Oil Expire?

I don't think they have an expiration date, but if you store it in a cool dark place then it will probably stay good for awhile. If you notice it smelling rancid then you know it's gone bad, but I think if you store it properly it may last a few years.

Honored Contributor

Garden of Wisdom lists Maracuja oil (a.k.a., Passion Fruit oil) as having a one- to two-year shelf life.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Contributor

There is no expiration date listed on the bottle, but I had some rollerballs from a previous TSV and one rollerball of maracuja oil smelled so bad that is was a throw-away. Like anything, your nose knows! I think a lot of my makeup, etc., ends up going bad because there are so many kits on QVC and it's impossible to use everything up.

Trusted Contributor

I had a bottle go bad, so I won't buy the super sized bottle.
Frequent Contributor

Same here. Had at least one bottle go rancid on me.