Valued Contributor

I'm still trying to decide if I am going to order the TSV or not. I do like Tarte products but have found that most of the foundations sold on the Q are yellow based. I am between light and medium in shades. For instance, I wear Medium in Bare Minerals loose. Do you find all Tarte foundations sort of yellow? I need/want a pink based foundation. Do you think either the light or medium in the TSV would be less yellow looking? TIA{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Super Contributor

Tarte tends to be a bit darker than bare minerals in my opinion. I prefer going a little lighter. I usually get the light/medium option which they don't have this time so I am passing on the tsv.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for your reply MineralGirl.

Frequent Contributor

I think the light foundations offered are always too yellow. I go with fair due to a more neutral tone so if you are darker maybe the medium would be more neutral as well.

Occasional Contributor

i have the medium and wish i had bought the light. I don't think it runs yellow,just a tad darker than most,imo.

Super Contributor

I think you would want to go with Light. I wear Medium in BE in the summer, Fairly Medium now in the winter, and if I were going to order this I know that Medium in Tarte would be too dark if it is like their other foundations. Tarte's foundations do tend to be more yellow, however I can wear the Amazonian Clay foundation in Light because it's forgiving on me (I have pink undertones). I don't know how this particular foundation runs, but just saying that I would order Light if I were going to try it. I haven't decided if I feel like spending $70+ on Tarte today or not....

Respected Contributor

I would love to try this kit but I fall between a light and a medium. Light would be a bit too light but medium would be a bit too dark for me and I don't want to buy 2 kits. I wish they made light/medium for those of us that fall in between shades, not just this but others as well.

Frequent Contributor
Why can't they show the foundation colors on the models hand?
Frequent Contributor

I need tan in the foundations and found it to be too yellow for me. Medium was not really yellow but a bit too light so I can't use their foundations.

Super Contributor

I'm actually confused now on whether or not Fair or Light would work better for my pink undertones. I wear Fairly Medium in BE right now. Confusion!