Super Contributor

Tarte New Amazonian Colored Clay Foundation vs. Foundcealer vs. Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Powder or Liquid/Cream

Tarte New Amazonian Colored Clay Foundation (from upcoming TSV)

A251462 Tarte Colored Clay 2 in 1 Foundcealer

A238377 Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Powder Foundation

A216501 Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation

I have tried all of these. Unfortunately I am between a medium and a tan. Even the in between colors don't work so well because they tend to be more red undertones while I have yellow undertones. I think I like the new colored clay and the regal AC Full Coverage Foundation the best but I'm just not sure. I love the idea of the foundcealer but the color match is not great and I think it may be breaking me out.

I want a full coverage nondrying non clogging foundation. but also not heavy feeling. Should I try something else besides Tarte? Any opinions on the above Tarte products or other foundations? Drug store or higher end recommendations welcomed.

Regular Contributor

Re: Tarte New Amazonian Colored Clay Foundation vs. Foundcealer vs. Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Powder or Liquid/Cream

I want to love Tarte foundations but they don't work for my oily, combo skin w/breakouts. UD Naked foundation gets great reviews.....thinking about trying that.
Regular Contributor

Re: Tarte New Amazonian Colored Clay Foundation vs. Foundcealer vs. Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Powder or Liquid/Cream

I'm curious about the Edward Bess foundation. Since reformulating the colors it is getting good reviews.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched last night and when Maureen put the foundation on her hand it looked like very heavy coverage. I really don't like full coverage foundations at my age. I prefer a BB or CC cream.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm skipping this one. I had ordered the previous TSV and they cancelled the rest of the auto-deliveries. That had what I wanted in it and I don't really want the heavy coverage of this version. I'll stick with smashbox BB cream

Plus, the light looks very yellow and the medium would be too dark for me.

Super Contributor

I bought the foundcealer. And I really like it. I would say it is medium coverage but can build nicely to full and it is very smooth. Doesn't settle into pores fine lines. I am not getting tsv. Don't like the primer. And on my HD tv. Foundation looks cakey. I did order the edward bess foundation. Can't wait to try that. Everyone seems to love it
Super Contributor

It seemed all the vendor talked about was covering up bad stuff... and the models all had acne or birth marks to cover. I think it would be very heavy especially in the summer to wear this if your skin is not bad.

Honored Contributor

On 2/4/2014 PinkSugar said:

I watched last night and when Maureen put the foundation on her hand it looked like very heavy coverage. I really don't like full coverage foundations at my age. I prefer a BB or CC cream.

I thought the same. I ordered this a.m. and then cancelled. Don't need it and I have a feeling it would seem like a mask. Would hate to get the wrong color and have to do a return. I'll use what I have as I have a few foundations I like and don't need to try more. Not that impressed with the demos plus with shipping its over $70.

Super Contributor

Honestly tarte has advertised all of their foundations and even the tinted BB primer as having full or very good coverage. They do the same demonstrations with all of their foundations, uncovering and covering the models' flaws.