Contributor

Love Susan Graver's clothing line... but, WHY SO EXPENSIVE?

I have lots of her clothes, especially the tops. The other day, I saw, on qvc tv, that she had a sweatshirt type thing, that looked like a Denim & Co, and it was STILL around $40! If it was a D&Co it would have been half that price. Then, her winter coat TSV was almost the same price as all of her shirts! I know that she is a big designer, and used to work for so and so... blah blah blah blah... and, now, she works exclusively for QVC, but, why does everything have to be $40 or more-just for a shirt????????????? Not EVERYONE can afford $40 for a shirt!

Ok, that's my vent!

Don't get my started on the HIGH shipping prices on QVC-when HSN has free shipping most of the time-on almost everything!

Super Contributor

Re: Love Susan Graver's clothing line... but, WHY SO EXPENSIVE?

There are so many places you can buy thing for less money ... and so many websites that have those lower prices have free shipping.

I'm sure there are people who post here who can point you in that direction.

And, as you mentioned ... you know about HSN.

Trusted Contributor

What about the the fact that QVC has increased the S&H prices twice this year? S&H is a profit center for them. Doesn't that concern you? I get better prices in department stores and seldom do any of my shopping at QVC any longer. Though I can afford to shop where ever I want and do most of my shopping in high end stores, like everyone else, I love a good sale/buy!!!! I'm always looking for the best prices and free shipping (though I do enjoy going to the actual stores as I enjoy the shopping experience).

Honored Contributor

I like this French terry item- $48 plus about another $10 for S/H.

I could probably find something similar at L.L. Bean for the same amount and free shipping. I'm surprised that it hasn't been reduced yet.

Honored Contributor

How many posts like this are we going to have to wade through? It's getting ridiculous now. We all want things we can't afford but we don't go around complaining that the stores are ",too expensive". There really are no expensive clothes on Qvc but there people who don't seem to understand that if they have money problems and can't afford things they want.....that doesn't mean the clothes are too expensive. It means they have to find cheaper places to shop. I know one thing, if couldnt afford Qvc, I wouldn't watch and I wouldn't visit .com. Why make myself feel bad? There are budget friendly retailers out there.
Trusted Contributor

I don't know what you have been buying, but HSN does NOT have free shipping on almost everything most of the time. Some examples, out of 1881 rings there was free shipping on less than 200; 1500 necklaces free shipping less than 90; a few hundred bakeware items free shipping on 3 of those etc etc

When you choose a category, they do list, for search purposes, the number of items that include free shipping.

Honored Contributor

I totally agree about SG prices getting really high, as well D & Co. SG items continue to look the same out of all of the same materials yet they're a good $10-12 more on any given item. They're hitting the $50+ range and for me, that's more than they're worth. I don't buy her things anymore b/c many are way too much IMO. D & Co , same thing. Yes the styles here have changed for the better for the most part but still many I would not buy b/c of how much they are plus s/h plus tax, are they kidding!

Esteemed Contributor

VENT AWAY!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} If people don't want to read your vent, they don't have to. JMO. I think QVC's shipping is insane.......

Esteemed Contributor

I think it's crucial to keep complaining about excessive price increases and outrageous S&H charges. QVC personnel do look at our posts. When hundreds of entries point to our unhappiness with certain policies and practices, we have a chance for change, even if it's a remote chance. If we stop complaining, QVC could get an inadvertant message that we don't want to send.
Respected Contributor

One thing about SG's clothes is that they look new for years. Compare that with some other items and you can justify the price. The only fabric that doesn't wear well, in my experience, is the ponte knit for the tunics.