Super Contributor

SG faux leather jacket is peeling!

I bought a Susan Graver faux leather jacket a while ago, I liked it a lot, but when I took it out recently I noticed the leather falling apart around the collar. Looking at it closer, I see patches of leather peeling off the back of the jacket! This is crazy! Anyone else have this problem with one of her faux leather jackets?

Respected Contributor

Re: SG faux leather jacket is peeling!

I guess some products do that. I had a favorite lovely designer rain coat that looked like black leather. After about 10 years it did a similar thing. I always bought real leather after that.

Super Contributor

Not with Susan's. Her jackets have been fine.

But two of DB's from several years ago did that. And - also one that I bought locally.

What they all had in common was a pearlized finish ... so I avoid that now.

Occasional Contributor

How ironic that you should mention this. I have a SG faux leather jacket that is about 2 years old. I have not worn it in awhile. The other day I pulled it out of my closet and the leather is peeling around the seams and collar line. Isn't that interesting?

Super Contributor

On 10/14/2014 Kathleen said:

Not with Susan's. Her jackets have been fine.

But two of DB's from several years ago did that. And - also one that I bought locally.

What they all had in common was a pearlized finish ... so I avoid that now.

YES with Susan's. That's what my post is ABOUT.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, I'll sure stay away from faux leather, that's for sure.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

Unfortunately that is the downfall of pleather!

Honored Contributor

How long is "a while ago"? More than two or three years, I'd swallow the loss. Less, I'd Facebook Susan.

Super Contributor

On 10/14/2014 millieshops said:

How long is "a while ago"? More than two or three years, I'd swallow the loss. Less, I'd Facebook Susan.

No more than 2 years. I don't do FaceBook.

Super Contributor

This has happened to me with some faux leather handbags...I'm really careful now when I buy faux leather...there's a difference in quality level. Honestly, I would probably boycott this fabrication altogether if it wasn't so practical in the rain and snow lol!! OP, I would definitely try to contact SG about this. When this happened to me with an Olivia and Joy handbag, I contacted them and they sent me a new bag. Good luckSmiley Happy